· NVIDIA® has enabled the ultimate gaming notebooks with the most powerful graphics processing solution available for notebook PCs—a combination of NVIDIA SLITM technology and two NVIDIA GeForce® 8800M GTX GPUs.
· GeForce 8800M GTX GPUs, the world’s highest performance notebook graphics processors, are designed to deliver the best visual experience for 3D games, HD movies, and GPU-accelerated applications.
· NVIDIA SLI technology allows two GPUs to work in tandem in a single notebook (or desktop PC), effectively doubling the available graphics processing capability.
· The new elite class of gaming notebooks powered by NVIDIA SLI and two GeForce 8800M GTX GPUs offer gamers an extreme gaming experience with stunning special effects and high-definition visuals for the hottest PC games including: Crysis, Hellgate: London, Gears of War, Unreal Tournament 3, and Call of Duty 4, along with full support for current DirectX 9 games.
· GeForce 8800M GTX GPUs feature the second-generation PureVideo® HD engine which delivers astounding Blu-ray and HD DVD movie picture quality on a PC. The PureVideo HD engine takes on 100% of H.264 video decoding, freeing the CPU to perform other tasks, reducing power consumption and extending battery life.
· Notebooks with NVIDIA SLI technology and GeForce 8800M GTX GPUs will soon be available from leading notebook manufacturers in North America and Europe including Alienware, Dell, Sager, Eurocom, MALIBAL, Cybersystem, Multirama, Nexoc, and Rock. For more information on NVIDIA SLI and GeForce powered notebooks, please visit http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone_s ... books.html
Attributable to Rene Haas, general manager of GeForce notebook GPUs at NVIDIA:
“Our NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX GPU sets a new level for notebook graphics performance. Now with NVIDIA SLI we’ve doubled the processing horsepower to give gamers the most extreme experience for PC games, 3D applications, and HD video on the road. For those wanting the best, this is it.”
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla™ products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit http://www.nvidia.com