EVGA UV Plus+ UV16 USB 2.0 Video Adapter

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!

Postby Apoptosis » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:02 am

In recent months EVGA introduced the EVGA UV Plus+ UV-16 USB 2.0 video adapter. This device allows you to take any available USB port on your Desktop or Notebook computer and turn it into an additional video output for use with another display. For under $75 the UV Plus+ UV-16 can handle up to 1600x1200 resolutions and doesn't need a video card to operate!

Article Title: EVGA UV Plus+ UV16 USB 2.0 Video Adapter
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/753/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $74.90 plus shipping
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: EVGA UV Plus+ UV16 USB 2.0 Video Adapter

Postby martini161 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:08 am

seems a bit pricy... my laptop lets you plug a moniter into the VGA port and extend it, dont really see the point, but then again, its not something i would use :-k
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Postby Apoptosis » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:38 am

This is aimed more at people and corporations who don't want to crack open a case... Remember the vast majority of consumers don't open a PC for fear of voiding the warranty or they just don't want to mess anything up. The UV Plus+ allows a consumer to plug something in via USB, just like their camera and instantly have a second display. This is one of the lower priced models too as a year ago this would have cost well over $100. This is also ideal for small companies who don't have an IT guy.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bwall » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:41 pm

martini161 wrote:seems a bit pricy... my laptop lets you plug a moniter into the VGA port and extend it, dont really see the point, but then again, its not something i would use :-k

Well most laptops will let you extend to another monitor but the UV Plus allows you to add another beyond that extension, which is something your laptop and/or docking station can't do.
Bwall
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Return to Legit Reviews Review Forum