Portland, Oregon — Elemental Technologies Inc., a leading provider of massively parallel processing (MPP) solutions, announced today an upgrade to its popular Badaboom™ Media Converter. Version 1.1, a dynamic new platform for getting video onto portable media players. The release showcases several new features that will be available to the public in mid-December.
Badaboom uses NVIDIA graphics processing units (GPU) with CUDA technology to accelerate video transcoding, is easy to use and produces high image quality. Additionally, the new features in version 1.1 give Badaboom users added versatility and enhanced performance through the following updates:
• Support for additional input file formats and containers: DivX, Xvid, MPEG-1, VC-1, AAC Audio, AVI, MKV, among others. The file formats supported by Badaboom 1.0 will still be supported as well.
• New output profiles: YouTube, Blackberry Bold and Microsoft Zune have been added. User-customizable outputs are available as well.
• H.264 Main profile output: Provides even higher quality output than version 1.0, especially useful when outputting at resolutions higher than 480p. Baseline profile is still supported.
• 1920x1080 (1080p) output: The largest standard ATSC video resolution now available is an output option, which provides great video quality when combined with Main profile.
• Multi-GPU capability: Effectively doubles the transcode time of Badaboom 1.0 by enabling two Badaboom applications to run on two separate videos simultaneously. For computers with multiple NVIDIA GPUs in a system, users can launch one Badaboom for each GPU in the system and transcode multiple videos at the same time. For example, with the Badaboom 1.1 version of this feature, two NVIDIA GPUs can transcode two movies in the time it would take Badaboom 1.0 to transcode one. Each NVIDIA GPU works on a different video to get the work done twice as fast.
These new features add to the four cornerstones of Badaboom 1.0:
• Ease of use for mainstream consumers and flexibility for enthusiasts
• Minimal CPU utilization for an optimized PC
• Uncompromised high image quality – No shortcuts on user experience
• Ultra-high transcoding speed
Each future release is planned to further expand the product's capability and market footprint.
Badaboom is available exclusively for NVIDIA GeForce and Quadro GPUs equipped with NVIDIA CUDA technology. For more information, please visit http://www.badaboomit.com.
You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Site Admin
- Posts: 33538
- Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:45 pm
- Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Upcoming release of Badaboom Media Converter version 1.1 enhances performance, high quality output, and file format options
It's actually useful now that it does DivX/XviD along with another bunch of widely used formats!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 0 guests