SSDNow V “Value” Series Extend Life, Increase Performance of Existing Systems
COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2009 & Fountain Valley, CA -- June 2, 2009 -- Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the release of the SSDNow V Series solid-state drive (SSD) upgrade bundles. Targeted specifically for mass-market consumers and small and medium businesses, the Kingston® SSDNow V Series upgrade bundles, available in 128GB and 64GB capacities, are the first products in a series of low-cost, value-driven SSD solutions to increase performance on existing desktops and notebooks.
“The SSDNow V Series upgrade bundles are a terrific solution ― given the current economy ― for cost-conscious consumers who want an instant performance increase on an existing computer at a very reasonable price point,” said Ariel Perez, SSD business manager, Kingston. “We are trying to garner mass-market adoption of SSDs by bundling together all of the software, hardware and step-by-step instructions in a couple of low-cost options aimed squarely at everyday users. The V Series upgrade bundles are a perfect complement to our existing line of SSDNow products that target enterprise customers and prosumers.”
“Our focus has been to bring improvement to the everyday functions such as speeding up boot up times and opening applications, at compelling price points, to complement the existing hard drive in desktops,” said Louis Kaneshiro, senior technology manager, Kingston.
Kingston’s SSDNow V Series upgrade bundles are the easiest, most efficient upgrade path to inject new life and performance into one’s existing desktop PC. There is no need to reload the operating system or do anything that would alter critical data files. The included cloning software and step-by-step instructions make it simple to move the contents of one’s existing hard-disk drive (HDD) to the SSD. Once cloned, the OS and applications reside on the SSD while the HDD serves as storage for data such as music, videos, files and photos.
Notebook users will also experience the benefits of higher performance on everyday functions as well as less heat generation and ruggedness as the SSD contains no moving parts. The notebook upgrade kit comes with an external enclosure, which allows users to retain their original hard drive and allow for additional storage.
“Based on our internal suite of benchmark tests, users can expect to see an overall drive improvement of approximately 50 percent over existing 7200RPM and 5400RPM hard-disk drives,” Kaneshiro added.
The SSDNow V Series upgrade bundle kits include:
· Kingston SSDNow V Series solid-state drive
· Acronis® True Image cloning software and CD installation guide
· 3.5" mounting brackets and hardware (desktop bundle only)
· SATA data and power cable extenders (desktop bundle only)
· 2.5" USB SATA external enclosure (notebook bundle only)
During COMPUTEX TAIPEI 2009, Kingston will demonstrate the V Series as well as other products on June 5, 2009, from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m., local time, at Brown Sugar Jazz Club. The address is: No. 101, Sungren Road., Shinyi District, Taipei City, 106 Taiwan.
The SSD and bundle are backed by a three-year warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability. It is available via ramped regional rollout to selected channels worldwide. For more information visit http://www.kingston.com.
Kingston SSDNow V Series Features and Specifications:
· Fast: up to 100MB/sec. read; 80MB/sec. write*
· Performance: enhances productivity; makes users more efficient
· Form Factor: 2.5"; uses NAND Flash memory components
· Silent: runs silent and cool with no moving mechanical parts
· Reliable: less likely to fail than a standard hard drive
· Shock Resistant: no moving parts so the SSD handles rougher conditions than a hard drive
· Supports S.M.A.R.T.: Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology
· Guaranteed: backed by a three-year Kingston warranty, 24/7 tech support
· Capacity**: 64GB, 128GB
· Storage temperatures: -40° C to 85° C
· Operating temperatures: 0° C to 70° C
· Vibration operating: 2.17 G (7–800Hz)
· Vibration non-operating: 20 G (20–2000Hz)
· Power specs: 128GB Active: 2.5W (TYP); Sleep: 0.45W (TYP)
64GB Active: 2.0W (TYP); Sleep: 0.45W (TYP)
· Life expectancy: 1 million hours MTBF
* Based on internal testing across suite of benchmarks.
** Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at Kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
Kingston SSDNow V Series Solid-State Drives
Part Number Capacity and Features MSRP (U.S. only).
SNV125-S2BD/64GB 64GB 2.5″ SATA SSD w/desktop bundle $149.00
SNV125-S2BN/64GB 64GB 2.5″ SATA SSD w/notebook bundle $149.00
SNV125-S2BD/128GB 128GB 2.5″ SATA SSD w/desktop bundle $263.00
SNV125-S2BN/128GB 128GB 2.5″ SATA SSD w/notebook bundle $263.00
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit http://www.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410.