2010 first edition of FurMark is available for download. And this new version will overheat your GPU(s) like hell. For a hot winter!
For those who discover it for the first time, FurMark is a popular OpenGL graphics card overclocking validation utility that push to the max your graphics adapter. FurMark is a quick way to check the stability of your graphics card after an overclocking.
FurMark can also read GPU-Z data if GPU-Z is running:
I updated the post-processing effect (post FX) to simulate an intense heat around the torus.
I also added a new effect based on vertex displacement mapping to increase the global workload of fur rendering. The displacement mapping controls the height of fur and you’ll see some parts of the torus with very short fur:
The startup interface localization is now done with XML files in the localization/ folder. You can easily create a localization file (don’t forget to save it in UTF-8 format) and when it’s ok, you can send it to me for an integration in a next update of FurMark.
This new version is targeted to recent graphics cards with an increased rendering workload. The scores you’ll get with your graphics card will be lower than the ones got with previous versions of FurMark. Then I give you some average scores I get with my test system:
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Extreme X9650 @ 3GHz
- RAM: 2GB DDR3 1333MHz
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Benchmark common settings: fullscreen, no AA, 60 seconds.
- MSI Radeon HD 4850 (Catalyst 9.5 – this version has no protection against FurMark)
* 1280×1024 – no effect: 1770 points
* 1920×1080 – no effect: 1600 points
* 1920×1080 – post FX: 1560 points
* 1920×1080 – displacement mapping: 1220 points
- Two MSI Radeon HD 4850 CrossFire (Catalyst 9.5 – this version has no protection against FurMark)
* 1280×1024 – no effect: 3440 points
* 1920×1080 – no effect: 3170 points
* 1920×1080 – post FX: 3080 points
* 1920×1080 – displacement mapping: 2420 points
- AMD Radeon HD 5870 (Catalyst 10.1)
* 1280×1024 – no effect: 5900 points
* 1920×1080 – no effect: 5400 points
* 1920×1080 – post FX: 5300 points
* 1920×1080 – displacement mapping: 4180 points
I will publish a post with more scores (GeForce and other Radeon) as soon as possible.
FurMark 1.8.0 changelog:
* New: now all options are available in benchmarking mode: Xtrem Burning (XB), postfx (FX) and displacement mapping (DM).
* New: added new effet (displacement mapping) on the fur rendering.
* New: GUI translation is done with XML files in the localization folder.
* New: added hotkeys: P to enable/disable post fx rendering, T to enable/disable temperature graphs rendering.
* New: gpu temperature is now exported in xml and csv formats.
* New: twitter submission displays a login dialog box to tweet your score.
* Change: the fur rendering workload has been increased to produce more heat.
* Change: improved temperature graphs readability.
* Change: updated with the latest version of ZoomGPU for graphics hardware detection.
The background image comes from Desktop Nexus.