I am seriously considering buying this drive. Which costs 245€ for a PC bundle. Even though I am a PC enthusiast I still need a lot of persuasion in order to shell out that kind of money for a new disk. Since I keep saying to myself that I can live with the current HDD, and the prices will get cheaper over the time, ...
MY machine is a MSI K9A2 CF, Athlon X3 720 @ 3500 MHz, 6GB RAM, 320GB WDC 7200RPM, Win 7 x64 Ultimate.
1. What kind of improvements can I expect from this drive compared to the current HDD?
2. Is this the right time to buy a SSD or should I wait a bit more?
4. All the people who own this drive, please give me your insight?
5. If I buy this drive, then I intend to use it for at least 3 years. It's speed will not degrade over time, since it has TRIM, right?
6. thx for the great review. Would also like to view some real word testing when compared to a traditional 7200RPM HDD.