Hi everyone! It’s a big day for PlayStation as today we unveiled an unparalleled software lineup, a premium extension to the PlayStation Network called PlayStation Plus and huge momentum on the hardware front with 3D gaming and PlayStation Move, at the E3 Expo in Los Angeles. With the launch of the world’s first 1:1 motion gaming platform for the PlayStation 3 system, PlayStation Move, in North America on September 19, 2010, this truly changes everything. Never before has a player been able to “become” the character in the game…until now. PlayStation Move puts you right in the middle of the action with deep, rich high definition graphics, dynamic gameplay and complete immersion into the game, all of which is only possible on the PlayStation 3 system.
As we previously announced at GDC, PlayStation Move will be available at retailers in North America in a variety of options starting September 21, 2010:
* PlayStation Move motion controller – Available as a standalone for $49.99 (MSRP).
* PlayStation Move Bundle – Includes one PlayStation Move motion controller, a PlayStation Eye camera, Sports Champions Blu-ray game and PlayStation Move game demo disc for $99.99 (MSRP).
* PlayStation 3 Sports Champion Move Bundle – An introductory package for PS3 newcomers, the PlayStation 3 Sports Champion Move Bundle includes a PS3 system, a PlayStation Move motion controller, a PlayStation Eye camera, Sports Champions Blu-ray game and PlayStation Move game demo disc, all for only $399.99 (MSRP)
PlayStation Move bundle
Additionally, the PlayStation Move navigation controller and PlayStation Eye camera will be available for $29.99 and $39.99, respectively. But wait, there’s more! This fall, we’re also bringing you two additional Move peripherals that will complement your gaming experience.
* PlayStation Move “Charging Station” – Available for $29.99 (MSRP), the Charging Station will allow you to charge two PlayStation Move motion or navigation controllers at once, without connecting them to the PS3.
* PlayStation Move “Shooting Attachment” – Available for $19.99 (MSRP), the Shooting Attachment takes arcade shooting games to a whole new level. The Shooting Attachment snaps directly onto a motion controller and allows gamers to hold the motion controller like a gun, creating a more precise and immersive experience for games like The Shoot! and Time Crisis: Razing Storm.
Today’s press conference wasn’t just about the new hardware – we also showcased incredible software support with a diverse range of gaming content and genres that deliver something for everyone in the family. SCE Worldwide Studios and our publishing partners will release more than 40 PS3 titles by March 2011 that either support, or are dedicated to the new PlayStation Move platform. Our publishing partners are bringing some of their biggest games to PlayStation Move such as NBA 2K11, Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2011, Time Crisis: Razing Storm, and Toy Story 3. Friends and families of all ages can get off the couch and get into the action with titles like EyePet, Sports Champions and LittleBigPlanet 2 that bring incredible realism and creativity to the living room. Core gamers can expect to immerse themselves in titles like Heavy Rain, Killzone 3 and SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs, with incredible precision and realism that was never before possible.
I’ll say it again – the PlayStation Move launch will truly change everything. We can’t wait for you to get your hands on PlayStation Move this September and see for yourself how it will transform and enhance the way you play. Leave us your comments and let us know what you’re most looking forward to when PlayStation Move hits store shelves!