· Up to 70% performance improvement in Civilization V
· Up to 49% performance improvement in Call of Duty: Black Ops
· Up to 23% performance improvement in F1 2010
· Up to 21% performance improvement in Wolfenstein MP
· Up to 15% performance improvement in Tom Clancy’s H.A.W.X
· Up to 17% performance improvement in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat
· Up to 28% performance improvement in Metro2033
· Up to 33% performance improvement in Left 4 Dead 2
· Up to 26% performance improvement in FarCry 2
· Up to 15% performance improvement in Crysis Warhead
· Up to 50% performance improvement in Unigine Heaven
· Up to 22% performance improvement in Batman: Arkham Asylum
· Up to 19% performance improvement in Aliens vs. Predator
But the goodness does not stop with this release. Mjölnir I is only the first in a series of drivers we intend to release this year, all of which should provide big performance boosts. Be sure to download it here if you want to try it out - http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pa ... eview.aspx
Here are the official AMD comments on that release page:
AMD Catalyst™ 11.4 early preview – “Mjölnir”
AMD Catalyst™ Driver 11.4 early Preview Features:
· Delivers performance enhancements for the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series & Windows 7.
· Includes enhancements to the AMD Catalyst Control Center™
o New task based Display Management controls
§ Simplifies the configuration of displays and display settings
o New Eyefinity setup group
§ Setting up an Eyefinity group has never been easier
o New branding (based on system configuration)
§ AMD based platform – AMD VISION Engine Control Center
§ Discrete AMD GPU with Intel CPU – AMD Catalyst Control Center™
o AMD Catalyst update notification (found within the Information Center)
§ Please note this functionality is not yet enabled, but will be in a future AMD Catalyst release
§ This feature will be used to notify users that new AMD Catalyst software packages are available
· Fixed cases where Dragon Age 2 would hang in DirectX11 on ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series products.
Download and install the AMD Catalyst driver hotfix from the following location: AMD Catalyst™ Driver 11.4 early Preview for Windows 7
Refer to Article GPU-33 for detailed instructions on how to properly install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver 11.4 early Preview.
Note! This Preview is provided “AS IS” in accordance with the End User License Agreement.