· Allows users to transfer data faster than standard USB 2.0
· Second generation solution offers higher performance
· Backwards compatible with USB 2.0
Fountain Valley, CA -- May 18, 2011 -- Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of the Kingston DataTraveler® Ultimate 3.0 Generation 2 (DTU30G2). The DTU30G2, Kingston’s fastest USB Flash drive, uses a native USB 3.0 controller for better performance and power management.
Kingston’s DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 features the latest technology for USB 3.0 Flash drives, making it ideal for IT professionals and enthusiasts who want to take advantage of all the performance improvements offered by USB 3.0 technology right away. The new DTU30G2 has a read speed up to 100MB/s, and a write speed up to 70 MB/s. When plugged into a USB 2.0 port, the drive has read and write speeds of around 30MB/s. The DTU30G2 is available in 16-, 32- and 64GB capacities.
“Kingston is committed to help drive market adoption of the new USB 3.0 standard and make it more accessible to the mass market,” said Andrew Ewing, Flash memory business manager, Kingston. “The growing number of platforms and computers supporting the USB 3.0 standard as well as the benefits of the single chip controllers that allow better compatibility and performance are helping drive the adoption of USB 3.0 technology.”
The Kingston DTU30G2 USB Flash drive is the perfect solution for easily storing and quickly transferring large documents, hi-res photos and HD video. It is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0**. It is backed by a five-year warranty, 24/7 tech support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit http://www.kingston.com.
Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 Features and Specifications:
· Capacities*: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
· Requirements: system with USB 3.0 port
· Backwards compatible: with USB 2.0
· Speed**: When plugged into a USB 3.0 system: up to 100MB/s read and 70MB/s write; when plugged into a USB 2.0 system: maximum specification performance (around 30MB/s read and write)
· Dimensions: 2.90" x 0.87" x 0.63" (73.70mm x 22.20mm x 16.10mm)
· Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
· Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
· Practical: durable casing with a solid lanyard loop
· Warranty: 5 Years
* Some of the listed capacity is used for formatting and other functions and thus is not available for data storage. For more information, please consult Kingston’s Flash Memory Guide at kingston.com/Flash_Memory_Guide.
** Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 Generation 2
Capacity and Features
16GB DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 USB Flash Drive
32GB DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 USB Flash Drive
64GB DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 USB Flash Drive
Windows Vista® (SP1, SP2)
Windows XP (SP3)
About Kingston Digital, Inc.
Kingston Digital, Inc. (“KDI”) is the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the world’s largest independent manufacturer of memory products. Established in 2008, KDI is headquartered in Fountain Valley, California, USA. For more information, please visit http://www.kingston.com or call 800-337-8410.