EVGA Z77 FTW Intel Z77 Motherboard Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!

EVGA Z77 FTW Intel Z77 Motherboard Review

Postby Apoptosis » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:43 am

EVGA Z77 FTW Intel Z77 Motherboard Review

EVGA is celebrating their 13th anniversary today! To celebrate we decided to throw their EVGA Z77 FTW Intel Z77 Motherboard up on the chopping block. Not only are we going to throw it through our regular testing, but we are stepping up our CPU cooling and going sub ambient to overclock. How will it compare to the other Intel Z77 motherboards we have tested? Read on to find out!

Image

While the EVGA Z77 FTW may not have been our fastest motherboard, it was certainly consistent and rock solid. The EVGA Z77 FTW was one of the best overclocking boards that I have used to date, if you're in the market for one hell of a board I would easily recommend the EVGA Z77 FTW!


Article Title: EVGA Z77 FTW Intel Z77 Motherboard Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1978/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $329.99 plus shipping
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
User avatar
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin
 
Posts: 32944
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2003 8:45 pm
Location: St. Louis, Missouri

Re: EVGA Z77 FTW Intel Z77 Motherboard Review

Postby Major_A » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:11 am

I like the bowl of ice water experiment. I bet if you put a small pump in the bowl to keep the water moving (turbulent) then it would work even better. Way to think "outside the box".

I really like this board even though I doubt I'd ever run more than 1 video card, let alone 3. Kind of a tough sell to the non-hardcore people when ASUS Z77 Workstation Deluxe (roughly the same price) has better software, an included mSATA SSD to use as a cache drive, and a WiFi/Bluetooth adapter.
User avatar
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
 
Posts: 3793
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 2:11 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Re: EVGA Z77 FTW Intel Z77 Motherboard Review

Postby Kaos Kid » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:38 am

I loved the bowl of icewater chilling too, Jeff Foxworthy's got nothing on you! :lol:
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
User avatar
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist
 
Posts: 802
Joined: Sat Mar 27, 2010 11:31 am
Location: 40 clicks West of the Gateway

Re: EVGA Z77 FTW Intel Z77 Motherboard Review

Postby bubba » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:11 am

love on the fly ghetto/redneck mods.

Chilled water loops have been done for a long while, usually involve condenser coils and water proofing the board from the block sweating.... don't think I have seen someone dunk a sealed unit in a bowl of ice water :lol:
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
User avatar
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 4551
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 10:24 am
Location: STL

Re: EVGA Z77 FTW Intel Z77 Motherboard Review

Postby XstollieX » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:46 am

Major_A wrote:I like the bowl of ice water experiment. I bet if you put a small pump in the bowl to keep the water moving (turbulent) then it would work even better. Way to think "outside the box".

I really like this board even though I doubt I'd ever run more than 1 video card, let alone 3. Kind of a tough sell to the non-hardcore people when ASUS Z77 Workstation Deluxe (roughly the same price) has better software, an included mSATA SSD to use as a cache drive, and a WiFi/Bluetooth adapter.

Yeah, gonna find a better way. The tap water melted the ice pretty quick, plus I saw there were a lot of air bubbles on the fins, I'm sure that didn't help. I'm thinking a fish bowl, or a cooler and pump to circulate the water
bubba wrote:love on the fly ghetto/redneck mods.

Chilled water loops have been done for a long while, usually involve condenser coils and water proofing the board from the block sweating.... don't think I have seen someone dunk a sealed unit in a bowl of ice water :lol:
It was definitely an impulse to do this, and a very redneck entry into sub ambient cooling :) gave me the bug to push further though
Kaos Kid wrote:I loved the bowl of icewater chilling too, Jeff Foxworthy's got nothing on you! :lol:
I always liked Jeff Foxworthy, but Bill Engvall (Sp?) Here's your sign is funnier imo
User avatar
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 1639
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:51 am


Return to Legit Reviews Review Forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 0 guests