Kingston Digital Ships New Generation USB 3.0 Flash Drive
· Powerful Transfer Speeds Up to 150MB/s Read,70MB/s Write
· Backwards compatible with USB 2.0
· Windows 8 Compatible
2013 International CES Las Vegas, NV and Fountain Valley, CA -- January 7, 2013 -- Kingston Digital, Inc., the Flash memory affiliate of Kingston Technology Company, Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced the launch of the DataTraveler® Ultimate 3.0 Generation 3 USB 3.0 Flash drive. DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 is redesigned with a sleek and slim new case and features fast transfer speeds for moving high resolution images, music libraries and HD video files.
Kingston’s DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 is ideal for consumers, IT professionals and enthusiasts who want to take advantage of all the performance improvements offered by USB 3.0 technology. DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 features read speeds up to 150MB/s and write speeds up to 70MB/s. When plugged into a USB 2.0 port, the drive has read speeds up to 30MB/s and write speeds up to 20MB/s. It is available in 32GB and 64GB capacities.
The fusion of form, function and style makes DataTraveler® Ultimate 3.0 G3 a standout over ordinary USB Flash drives. The drive takes its design inspiration from DataTraveler HyperX Predator 3.0, the world’s largest-capacity USB 3.0 Flash drive. Made of an attractive solid metal matte finish case, DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 features a convenient retractable design that protects the USB from damage while carrying it on a key chain, purse or briefcase.
“USB 3.0 is becoming more mainstream as it is standard on most motherboards and PCs shipping today,” said Andrew Ewing, Flash memory business manager, Kingston®. “We are working hard to make sure we improve the speed and design of our USB 3.0 Flash drives to stay competitive as demand grows in the market. DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 is a perfect example of this evolution.”
DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 is backed by a five-year warranty, free live technical support and legendary Kingston reliability. For more information visit http://www.kingston.com.
Kingston is celebrating 25 years in the memory industry. The company was founded on October 17, 1987, and has grown to become the largest third-party memory manufacturer in the world. The 25th anniversary video can be found at http://www.kingston.com/us/company/25_years as well as more information including a timeline of Kingston's history. In addition, HyperX memory is celebrating its 10th anniversary. The first HyperX high-performance memory module was released in November 2002.
Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 Features and Specifications:
· Capacities*: 32GB, 64GB
· Speed**: USB 3.0 up to 150MB/s Read, 70MB/s Write
USB 2.0 up to 30MB/s Read, 20MB/s Write
· USB 3.0 performance***: dramatic time savings when transferring large media files; 8x faster than a standard USB 2.0
· Durable design: solid metal sliding casing with no cap to lose
· Backwards compatibility: usable with USB 2.0 systems with excellent performance throughout
· Guaranteed: five-year warranty and free technical support
· Dimensions: without key ring: 2.6929" x 0.8961" x 0.4567" (68.40mm x 22.76mm x 11.6mm) with key ring: 3.3622" x 0.8961" x 0.4567" (85.40mm x 22.76mm x 11.6mm)
· Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
· Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)
* Please note: Some of the listed capacity on a Flash storage device is used for formatting and other functions and
thus is not available for data storage. As such, the actual available capacity for data storage is less than what is listed
on the products. For more information, go to Kingston's Flash Memory Guide at kingston.com/Flash_Memory_ Guide.
** Speed may vary due to host hardware, software and usage.
*** Requires a system with USB 3.0 port.
Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 Generation 3
Part Number--------- Capacity and Features
DTU30G3/32GB ------------ 32GB DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 USB Flash Drive
DTU30G3/64GB ----------- 64GB DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G3 USB Flash Drive
You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests