Top 10 Antiviruses!

Anything and everything software related that doesn't fit above can go in here!

Top 10 Antiviruses!

Postby Rico » Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:53 pm

Top 10 Antiviruses!
Note, its only antivirus, not firewall.
I think that the best way to protect is to use the best antivirus and the best firewall, separatly,that received the highest rank in reviews,rather than use security suites.

click here--> http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
Good luck! :)
Rico
Legit User
Legit User

Postby -mogwai » Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:43 pm

wow, good to know. i didn't know bitdefender was as awesome as it is... it's cheap as hell and does tons of stuff other anti-virus softwares don't.
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Postby pointreyes » Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:11 pm

Whew. Last December I switched from Trendmicro (OfficeScan) to Kaspersky Business Optimal. Due to the machines I use, I purchase small business licenses; hence the reason for the different names. :)

I'm planning to eventually have MS ISA 2005 running on my systems for firewall. I also use ProcessGuard to have a pro-active stance against rootkits and other malware.
pointreyes
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Postby NAiLs » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:00 pm

Wow... that has some wrong data on it, that's for sure. The only one that I was picking out was AVG. They say AVG doesn't have automatic program updates... well it does. Mine has updated the software numerous times. (I'm not talking about the definitions either)

But it also has a lot of correct info which helps someone to decide what they would like to buy! :)
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Postby OsamaBinAthlon » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:40 am

I've been using AVG for at least 3 years now, and it's been pretty good, no problems that come to mind - but, I wouldn't mind giving BitDefender a go - according to the list it has virtually everything happening, tho' I've heard Kapersky is really good......I suppose I'll give anything a go....'cept Norton.
OsamaBinAthlon
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Re: Top 10 Antiviruses!

Postby Imakeholesinu » Tue Mar 07, 2006 7:01 pm

Rico wrote:Top 10 Antiviruses!
Note, its only antivirus, not firewall.
I think that the best way to protect is to use the best antivirus and the best firewall, separatly,that received the highest rank in reviews,rather than use security suites.

click here--> http://anti-virus-software-review.toptenreviews.com/
Good luck! :)

Good read since I'm in the market for new AV software. That's real cheap too. I guess I can now feel good about dropping Norton.
Imakeholesinu
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Postby doghucat » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:52 pm

Very good read I have been using Norton products for 6 years now on 3 systems and always keep them updated and run scans twice a week and use the express live update but upon reading the reviews willl have to look into maybe another name brank when it is time to renew, One thing with norton it is getting more and more complicated for the average user with its fancy recycle bin and some other things the average user doesn't even know about or even play with the settings. I used AVG back in the day of Window 98 SE for a while and didn't like the interface and went back to Norton but some of the others on the list maybe worth looking into thanks for the nice article. I will also shop around for a deal on a 4 user version to get the best bang for the buck instead of paying full price , like this last renew got the Norton 2005 for $13.00 a lic which wasn't bad.
Sandman/Intel C2D E8400 @3.00GHZ/ P5Q Pro Turbo Mobo / Xigmatik-1283 / 2-HD5670 Video-Crossfire / 4 Gig Kingston Ram / Antec P-180B Case
Notebook HP dv9720US 17" Wide Screen
doghucat
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Postby BiG Kahuna » Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:07 am

I've been using NOD32 for a year now, and I'm very pleased with it
it doesn't take up alot of memory (less than 20mb), and it updates 2-3 times a day.
BiG Kahuna
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Return to General Software Programs