The V-MODA Vibe Red Roxx Earphone Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!

The V-MODA Vibe Red Roxx Earphone Review

Postby Apoptosis » Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:44 am

Though designed as an audiophile headphone, the V-MODA Vibe was also specifically designed to be used on the go while moving: at the gym, heading to the venue, or walking down the street. Legit Reviews took the Vibe Red Roxx out for a test spin and found the Vibe to be one of the best sets of earphones that we have ever used. Read on to find out what makes the V-MODA Vibe stand out from the crowd and see if you should own a pair!

[quote]
Introduced in late 2006, V-MODA introduced the VIBE Modaphones which they called “the world’s first hi-definition luxury earphonesâ€
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Alathald » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:09 pm

Nice review ken, I've been looking for a nice pair of earbuds (just smashed my old pair under the wheels of an office chair :evil: ), my only worry is that I didn't see any inline volume control, which is a requirement in any earbuds I buy. I may have missed it in the review though... :drinkers:
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Postby dicecca112 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:20 pm

I like the idea it can be used with activity, but the 100$ price tag is a bit much. I didn't pay that much for my wireless headphones
dicecca112
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Digital Puppy » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:34 am

Alathald, thanks for reading and thanks for the nice comments. And sorry, no they don't have any volume control.

Dicecca, you can grab a set of VIBEs for around $70. I do agree that they are pricey, but after using them for a bit, it pretty much sucks to listen to anything else. I'm not sure I would use them jogging or biking...I'd kinda be scared that they would pop out. For pretty much all other activities though, they will do fine.
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
Digital Puppy

Postby Gamble » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:45 pm

First of all, I'm sorry to hear that you are such a big U2 fan.

Second of all, I was wondering if you did any gaming with them? I bought a pair of $20 earbuds that have "surround sound" and when compared with the 2.1 speaker system hooked up to my buddies' computer, I could hear things in F.E.A.R. that his speakers had not picked up and put out...maybe you could throw a little update to this thread after wearing them while gaming?

I wanna know!
Once a gamer,
Always a gamer.
Rock on.
-Gamble
Gamble
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Postby Digital Puppy » Fri Apr 13, 2007 11:49 am

Gamble wrote:First of all, I'm sorry to hear that you are such a big U2 fan.

Second of all, I was wondering if you did any gaming with them? I bought a pair of $20 earbuds that have "surround sound" and when compared with the 2.1 speaker system hooked up to my buddies' computer, I could hear things in F.E.A.R. that his speakers had not picked up and put out...maybe you could throw a little update to this thread after wearing them while gaming?

I wanna know!

RE: U2........Don't be a hater! 8)

I did a little bit of gaming with them - BF2 and Q4. But I normally use headsets when I game, so the difference wasn't that dramatic for me. I think if you are used to playing with speakers and then you go to headphones (any headphone) you'll notice an improvement in hearing ambient game sounds/noise. Of course, if you have a huge surround system set up for gaming (like Nate's 7.1), and can pump the volume at anytime you want, you probably wouldn't need headsets to hear....
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
Digital Puppy

Postby Nandro » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:29 am

Being as these are audiophile cans and being an audiophile myself these cans really can't be compared to ones normally used for gaming. They are meant for proper music reproduction and as such are not great for gaming situations. Their cometition would be Shure E2C or E3C's and SuperFi 5's (which I have owned all of and currently have SuperFi 5's) Also they will need to be burned in. They will sound much different after about 40-60 hours of play time. The top end will open up and the bass will tighten up significantly. If you want great sound on an open can the Grado SR-60's are great price performance and as stupid as I look I do walk around with them on. They are $70 new and sound amazing. I wish I could do audio reviews, but the equiptment is so expensive to change often.
Rig: Antec 900/Asus P5B Del Wifi/2G Corsair Camo ram/ E6600 @3.46 (9x385)/ EVGA 7900 GTO 730/822/ Trends USB DAC -> Jolida Tube headphone amp/ 21" Sony Trinitron
Headphones: Superfi 5pro/ Grado Sr-60/ Senn HD600 with Cardas cable/AKG 701/Sony MRD EX-71
"Now is blessed. The rest remembered"
-Jim Morrison
Nandro
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Return to Legit Reviews Review Forum