unfaithfulsfan wrote:I don't think the optics in the drives are any faster on SATA than IDE.
- Generally good DVD-R/±RW writing quality and performance.
- Very fast 48x CD-R and 32x CD-RW writing
- Very fast at writing DVD±R DL media.
- Can burn selected DVD±R media faster than its rated speed.
- Excellent reading performance and reliability.
- Supports BitSetting (BookType DVD-ROM) on DVD+R/DL.
- Can read and write mini DVD media.
- CD-RW and DVD±RW writing quality could be improved.
- Disc quality (C1/C2, PI/PO) scanning is not supported
- Slow 6X reading of single-and double-layer DVD-Video discs
Alathald wrote:Well when you care about sound quality...martini161 wrote:jeez i never knew people made such big deals out of cd drives
Skippman wrote:Alathald wrote:Well when you care about sound quality...martini161 wrote:jeez i never knew people made such big deals out of cd drives
If we're talkin about sound quality I think I'll stick to my Oppo 980HD SACD/DVD-A player, Yamaha RX-V1800, and set of KEF IQ9's. Glorious 2 channel stereo like David Gilmore intended!
Skippman wrote:Well, the Samsung's out of the running as it's not a dual layer burner.
I read a bunch of the New Egg reviews of the Lite On. About 15 people report the drive just fails after 6months. Anyone here have a similar experience?
Skippman wrote:Think I've picked out my drive.
Lite On LH-20A1L05
Good speed, decent price, and Directron's always got cheaper shipping that New Egg it seems.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest