Stanford University’s distributed computing program Folding@home has become a major force in researching cures to life-threatening diseases such as cancer, cystic fibrosis, and Parkinson’s disease by combining the computing horsepower of millions of processors to simulate protein folding. Legit Reviews has been supporting this cause since 2004 and in recent weeks hit a major milestone when it comes to helping this research cause. With the recent release of NVIDIA and ATI GPU folding clients Legit Reviews Team #38296 was able to move ahead of 99.9% of all teams when it comes to all-time total production.
If you would like to help research life-threatening diseases and join our team you can do so for free by downloading either the CPU client
or GPU Client
and entering team #38296 when you get things running. If you do join the team be sure to post in the folding forum
to get welcomed to the team and get help setting things up.
Currently ranked 98 out of 145,716 teams this is a cause to celebrate and AMD, Corsair, ECS and Palit have stepped up to the plate in a huge way and have donated some great hardware to be given out to our community!
Palit is the biggest supporter when it comes to dollars and sent over three GeForce 9600 GT 1GB Sonic edition graphics cards. These cards retail for $139.99 over at Newegg
. Next up we have ECS who chipped in two GF8200A motherboards, which retail for $79.99 each.
Right behind ECS we have Corsair Memory, who has long supported the enthusiast community coming together for us again with two 4GB kits of DDR2 800MHz memory. At $92.00 each
these TWIN2X4096-6400C4DHX CL4 memory kits come will work nicely in the ECS GF8200A motherboards. With motherboards, memory and a video card the only other big item we are missing were AMD AM2+ processors. We got our hands on some AMD Phenom 9600 quad-core processors from a source that wanted to be un-named and that is fine with us. At $119 each
these processors will make for a great power plant for any folding system.
Two members will at random win the above platform and a third member will win the GeForce 9600 GT 1GB Sonic edition card. That means three members will win something!
Don't thank Legit Reviews for making this happen, remember that Palit, ECS, Corsair and AMD made it possible!
Here are the rules for this months contest. These are provided to help clear things up for those that enter and might win. This is a drawing type contest.RULES:
1) This contest is open to active forum members in North America (If you live overseas and want to pay for shipping you may enter, but taxes and shipping are up to you to pay for).
2) The winner will be shipped his/her prize as soon as possible (if being shipped internationally (Canada for example) it could take 4-8 weeks by USPS)
3) The winner must have 5 posts between October 22nd, 2008 and October 31st, 2008 - DO NOT DIG UP "OLD" THREADS (i.e. > 1 MONTH) - these posts will not count and are subject to deletion.
4) Reply to this post to enter the contest and that does not count as one post!
5) Spamming (~5 pointless posts over one or two days will void your entry)
6) Depending on your location and how fast USPS is determines when you will get the prize. That means it could take 4-8 weeks to reach you.
7) The contest ends October 31st, 2008 at midnight with the winner being drawn the following day.
To enter the contest please contribute 5 posts to the forums this month without spamming anything and be sure to read the rules! Feel free to invite your friends to join the forums and enter also! If everyone can agree to the rules and can make 5 posts on the forums this month then please feel free to enter the contest. The winner will be drawn out of a hat at the end of the month and the prize will then be sent out after the full mailing address and phone number of the winner has been received. If you don't claim your prize within 5 days the drawing will take place again.