ATI Releases Catalyst 9.11 Video Card Drivers for Download
ATI has just released ATI Catalyst 9.12 for Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Linux platforms on http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx
or http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspxHighlights of the ATI Catalyst 9.12 Windows release include:Performance improvements
* 3DMark Vantage – overall performance improves as much as 9% on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series and ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series. GT1 – Jane Nash performance improves as much as 15% and FT4 – GPU Cloth improves up to 15%
* S.T.A.L.K.E.R. – Call of Pripyat – performance improves as much as 6% on single card configurationsNew Features:ATI Catalyst support for DirectCompute 10.1
* This release of ATI Catalyst™ provides full support for DirectCompute 10.1 for the ATI Radeon™ HD 4800 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 4700 Series for both single card and ATI CrossFireX™ supported configurations.OpenGL 3.2 extension support
* This release of ATI Catalyst™ provides support for OpenGL 3.2 extension support on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series and ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series. The following is a list of OpenGL™ 3.2 features and extensions added in ATI Catalyst™ 9.12:
* Support for OpenGL Shading Language 1.50.
* BGRA vertex component ordering (GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra).
* Drawing commands allowing modification of the base vertex index (GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex).
* Shader fragment coordinate convention control (GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions).
* Provoking vertex control (GL_ARB_provoking_vertex).
* Seamless cube map filtering (GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map).
* Multisampled textures and texture samplers for specific sample locations (GL_ARB_texture_multisample).
* Fragment depth clamping (GL_ARB_depth_clamp).
* Geometry shaders (GL_ARB_geometry_shader4).
* Fence sync objects (GL_ARB_sync).
* texture_cubemap_arrayHighlights of the ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 release for Linux includes:New FeaturesSupport for new Linux operating systems
* This release of ATI Catalyst driver for Linux introduces support for the following new operating systems:
# RedFlag DT6.0 SP3
# SLED and SLES 10SP3 ATI Catalyst Control Center Linux Edition: Displays pages: user interface enhancements
* This release of ATI Catalyst™ Linux introduces support for a number of new display features found in the ATI Catalyst Control Center Linux Edition, highlights include:
· CRT/VGA settings
o New Size and Position page
o New HDTV page
· TV settings
o New option for “Automatic setting for Size and Position adjustment”
o New image quality settings: “flicker removal” and “S-Video/Composite sharpness”
· Component Video settings
o New Scaling Options page – new Overscan / Underscan controls
o New custom mode support for 576 modes
· Support for display projectors
o Enables quick display configuration of display projectors
For more information on ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 (for Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, and Linux versions), including all of the resolved issues in this release, please see the ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 release notes.
We’ve also made the ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix driver available (a little later) today as well – there were some last minute fixes, plus a few more features we wanted to get out there as soon as we could!!
Grab it now at: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pa ... otfix.aspx Highlights of the ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release include: Support for the OpenCL™ GPU component of the ATI Stream SDK v2.0
· The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release provides full support for GPU acceleration of OpenCL when used in conjunction with the ATI Stream SDK v2.0. This feature is supported on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series and the AMD FireStream™ 9200 Series of products. For more information about ATI Stream technology and OpenCL, please visit http://www.amd.com/stream
. Support for ATI CrossFireX™ on Eyefinity configurations
* The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release provides ATI CrossFireX™ support on Eyefinity configurations, allowing users to take advantage of their additional GPUs for increased gaming performance when driving high resolution Eyefinity display groups
* Supported on the ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, and ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series Support for DisplayPort audio
* The ATI Catalyst™ 9.12 hotfix release adds support for DisplayPort audio for DisplayPort panels Fixes for the following issues:
* Resident Evil 5 – Performance drop during the opening cinematic
* Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 – Performance drop observed with a supported ATI CrossFireX™ configuration when using the thermal scope
* Wheelman – Game freezes while loading the game menu
* Flashing in various OpenGL titles – City of Heroes, Enemy Territories: Quake Wars, Riddick
* Heaven benchmark (DirectX 9 mode) – Grass flickers and white boarders observed around the edges
* ATI Radeon™ HD 5970 Series, ATI Radeon™ HD 5800 Series, and ATI Radeon™ HD 5700 Series – issue with HDMI: DTS-HD and Dolby True-HD not working properly with certain receivers
* The desktop mouse cursor becomes enlarged at random when using Windows 7