Standby - 2:44:28
In Battery Eater Pro test, full speed CPU+3D, the power duration is the shortest.
If you only play video, X201i can stay 2hr10mins. It’s acceptable range.
The latest structure really improves the system performance.
However, for the standby mode, it’s lower 10% comparing to X200s.
Lenovo ThinkPad X201i Overall
1. High end product shell and components. The commercial model design has very good keyboard and coating.
2. Latest Intel platform. The CPU, GPU and DDR3 performance are all improved.
3. 12” matte monitor which is normally only for high end 12~13.3” NoteBook
4. In normal usage, the body temperature is low. The thermal solution design is very good.
5. The most famous touch point is better than touch pad after you get used to.
6. The ThinkLight and keyboard are very suitable for business persons.
1. Fn key position is easily to press wrong as its position.
2. 4Cell battery duration is not as much as I expect.
3. The shell will easily to see the dust.
4. No HDMI or USB 3.0
C/P Value ★★★★★★★★★☆
For the audio, in the real situation, the hi-pitch is not high enough. Alto is very good. You can hear the fine and smooth sounds.
Bass is not low enough. I feel the sound field is too weak.
For my experience of light commercial NoteBook, X201i use dual speakers are quite good already.
Using 2M pixels WebCAM, I found the color and detail are quite good. It’s almost same as the real theme.
If the luminance is not well, the noise will be higher.
ThinkPad X201 is a good components, features and performance NoteBook.
Especially lowest price one, X201i, is more attractive. The price is around 29000~38000NTD as different specs.
It’s around 900~1185USD. Compare to the other NoteBook brands in the same price segment, you are hard to find the same product to compete.
I think in this price segment, ThinkPad X201i is in really good position to gain the market share.
Many people ask me what is the key factors to choose a good NoteBook? What brands or models are better quality and performance?
Then I will ask that are you carrying out very often? If yes, please choose below 1.5Kg~1.6Kg products. If not, just pick whatever you like.
If you need to carry out your NoteBook, I recommend the weight is your first priority to consider. Just for your reference.
Small dimension and light NoteBook is the mainstream product. Even in DeskTop, it’s getting smaller as well.
In the past, Micro ATX is the mainstream spec for small PC. Recently, Mini-ITX, the smaller form factor, is getting more and more popular.
In the near future, I will share one article about Inte Core i5-655K/GIGABYTE H55N-USB3/SEED Case high performance MIni-ITX PC.
I hope it can provide you some ideas of small PC.
Finally, I attach the Spyder2 color correction file for all X201i users.
Thanks for reading this Lenovo ThinkPad X201i review. windwithme Lenovo ThinkPad X201i
This review also post in my blog WIND'S 3C
Welcome 3C lovers to visit and advise.