well.... let's see here....
my name's stephanie. yes i'm a totally g33k for computer hardware. i often give the best a run for their money, even though some hate that. i gotta be me.
hehe luv that one
umm, what else. i've been overclocking/modding/repairing computers for about 11 years now. my first computer was a Texas Instruments, then an Apple IIc, then my first self bought computer was an IBM clone from NEC. i bought my NEC 166MMX system in 95 not knowing a thing about how to work it, lol. but then within about 6 months i had mastered the beast, lol. i decided to overclock it and took it form 166mhz to 233mhz; back then, that was a pretty good jump. i did some memory upgrading, new hard drive and OS install. that was pretty time consuming as there was no one to tell me what to do. hell, i don't even know if there were support forums back then. but having to teach myself and getting it all up and running, that really gave me the thirst for building computers. so i went on from there never buying another pre-built again.
my overclock endeavors:
1. P1 166MMX -> 224mhz on a Super Socket7 running my old "gold fingers" 60ns EDO SIMMs at 112mhz FSB
2. PIII 450 Katmia -> 650mhz on a Soyo VIA133-Pro mobo using a 144mhz FSB with Mushkin PC100 cas2 ram
3. PIII 550 FC-PGA "coppermine flip chip" -> 880mhz on an Abit VP6 using a 160 FSB with Corsair PC150 @ cas2-3-2 ram
4. AMD "blue core AXIA" 1300 -> 1610mhz on a IWILL-KT133a mobo using a 169mhz FSB with Corsair PC150 @ 2-3-2
5. P4 Northwood 1.6a cpu -> 2.9GHz / 725mhz QDR FSB on an Abit IT7-MAX2 i845E chipset with Geil PC3500 running DDR484 cas 2-2-2-7 memory bus (note: this was around the time that the fastest P4 out was the 2.53GHz using the just implemented QDR533 FSB and DDR266 memory bus)
6. (note: now here's where i've been for about 5 years)
Epox KT333CE, Abit NF7-S, ABIT AN7, DFI NF2 Ultra Infinity <- this mobo is where i stayed at the rest of the time.
1600+ Pally (1.4ghz) locked -> 2000mhz 190mhz FSB BH5 2.0-2-2-2-10 DDR380
1700+ TBred (1.46ghz) unlocked -> 2450mhz 245mhz FSB BH5 2.0-2-2-10 DDR490
2500+ Barton (1.83ghz) locked -> 2533mhz 230mhz FSB BH5 2.0-2-2-2-10 DDR460
(now comes my most in depth hardware tweaking including the Alphas now and OC)
Mobile 2600+ Barton (2.0ghz) unlocked ->
1. 2555mhz 255 FSB BH5 2.0-2-2-10-12-16-4-4-6-4-3-3-5-1T DDR510
2. 2650mhz 265 FSB TCCD 2.0-3-2-9-10-1-1-3-3-2-1-3-1T DDR530 (note: i only run it at 10x260 b/c of voltages needed to run prime stable)
right now, i'm in the middle of repairing/upgrading my parents computer i built for them, placing my nf2/mobile into a different case, placing my P4-1.6a into a different case, all so i can use my CM Stacker for my new system.
DFI 754 NF3 250GB LP-UT, G.Skill TCCD PC3200/PC4800 system ram, X800XT-PE, A64 Newark 4000 cpu, Asetek Waterchill, 2xRaptors, ect. from my sig rig.
i've seen people running at 3.0GHz on air with these cores and anywhere from 3.2~3.4GHz on water. so i'm getting pretty g33k'd
that’s enough about the hobby i'm literally obsessed with, lol.
more about me you might ask? hmmm, i'm not too good with that. mostly i like to answer questions people may have of me and describe myself in that way.
but, here goes some stuff. i'm into technology what ever the medium, for instance: computers, designing my own music, HTPC's and Home Theater, car engines, hmmm, i know there's more, lol.
other things i'm into is Philosophy, Quantum Physics, Movie buff, music/cept country and rap or country rap? lol, i love meeting people, i'm sorta the social butterfly type, jokes and joking around; i love making people laugh, experimental cooking but the routine cooking i can't stand heh, CNN Current Events, Olympics....hmmm, guess thats it for now.