OK, so here's the summary of my HT820 problems with my PC850 BT adapter and Skype. And how I got it working perfectly. Hopfully this will help others here, as well:
I had a whole slew of messed up problems with my Motorola HT820 with my PC850 USB BT adapter -- both with and without Skype. My stereo audio was flimsy at best. When using Skype, the HT820 would work for about 6 seconds and then turn off completely, leaving the call in progress. And don't even get me started on trying to get the stereo audio to work at the same time as the Skype mono headset. It was impossible.
I tried using that BlueSoleil software and to say that it was flaky is an understatement. I never got it to recognize either my PC850 or by Belkin USB BT adapter.
So I called Motorola Customer Service. They recommended that I update my PC850 software (I was using version 4.1.x) to the latest version (188.8.131.521) which includes Skype support. You can get the latest PC850 software here
This solved my problem 100%. Everything works as advertised and I even get better audio range on my HT820 with the PC850. The new software allows for two separate services to be connected at the same time (Motorola HT820 Stereo Audio and Motorola HT820 Hands-Free unit). I'm guessing the former is the A2DP profile and the latter is for use with Skype.
A few installation notes:
1) The download file for the latest PC850 software does not have an extension, but it is a ZIP file. Just add the ZIP extension and decompress to get to the INSTALL.EXE.
2) Run the INSTALL.EXE and make sure to first choose the "Uninstall" (third) option if you have any other bluetooth software running. After the reboot, run the INSTALL.EXE again and run the "Install" (first) option. I happened to have Skype already installed so I didn't need to use the "Install Skype" (second) option.
3) During uninstall, you wil be prompted to remove your PC850. Remove it and leave it disconnected until you are prompted to pug it in again during the installation of the updated PC850 software.
4) After install, Skype will prompt you whether to allow the BT stack to use Skype. Choose to allow this every time.
5) BEFORE attempting to pair your HT820 with the newly installed PC850 software (bluetooth), be sure to CHARGE YOUR HT820 for at least 30 seconds. This resets the unit, which apparently makes difference according to the Motorola support agent.
Best of luck!