Monitor Issues

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
grunt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Monitor Issues

Post by grunt »

Well I am now in the market for a flat panel, of course after talking to my dad which is my #1 sourse with you guys being a close runner up :mrgreen: I figured you might want to start up a "Display" section for discussions on monitors and such. Just a thought... Oh yeah, whats a good 17 or 18" lcd? Keep in mind im not a miliionare but do game and thats all im in it for :finga:
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I've never owned a LCD before, but from what I've read, the response time is very important when you game on a LCD(ghosting). I've read that you should have around a 12-15 ms refresh time and those do cost alot.
grunt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by grunt »

Done, got a samsung... 12ms with 600/1 ratio... Thx :P
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Damn, that was fast............. :shock:
grunt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by grunt »

Yeah I got it for 365 after rebates at circuit city online.. Now time for me to drink, its football time!!!

:drinkers:
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

That's one of the ones I was looking at, but I decided to wait till after I get a A64 system built.
grunt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by grunt »

Yeah Im thinking about selling my current system to a friend back in florida, hopefully I can get at least 600 for it. Then it will offset the cost of the new system.
Xerxes
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Xerxes »

whats the dead/stuck pixel policy for samsungs? whats the warranty length too? So far im really not impressed with alot of manufacturers warranty length or their policy for dead or stuck pixels
grunt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by grunt »

For the pixels...
http://erms.samsungusa.com/customer/sea ... PROD_ID=-1

Although I have not thoroughly looked into all the different warranties I did notice its similar with viewsonic. I do have 1 single dead pixel but if it werent for the night maps in my delta force game i wouldnt even notice. Its a bright blue dot. Its VERY small. In any case I love the monitor and compared to the 19" CRT (viewsonic) its tiny with 1" less viewable screen :P