Samsung SyncMaster 2233RZ 120Hz LCD display

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
dqussel_mavi
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: Samsung SyncMaster 2233RZ 120Hz LCD display

Post by dqussel_mavi »

Apoptosis wrote:Just found out something that really ticks me off about this Samsung SyncMaster 2233RZ 120Hz LCD monitor...

HDCP is supported at 60 Hz, but not in 3D Vision dual DVI mode

That means this 3D monitor will not work with Blu-Ray 3D's.... I'm really ticked about this one...

Newer 3D Vision monitors (Acer, Alienware, LG, etc.) support HDCP in dual DVI mode (120 Hz frame sequential 3D).

you mean we can not watch 3d bluray films ?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Well, after over two years of service this monitor finally died. I currently have two of these in a multi-monitor configuration and if I change the screen resolution the monitor comes back on and then goes to a black screen after about two seconds. If I put it on another system and turn that system on it goes black before the BIOS boot screen is down showing and never comes back on. Changed the DVI cable and that didn't work. Tried it on various cards by AMD and NVIDIA, so it's not a bad Video Card either. Just thought I'd share with everyone since I experienced a failure. I can't try any other connections on it as it only has one DVI header on it. No VGA, HDMI or any other connection. Samsung still makes the 2233RZ 3D monitor and to my knowledge never has released a newer 3D monitor.

I've put in a request to Samsung PR for a replacement, but since it was a review sample I doubt they'll honor the 36-month warranty.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

That sucks. Hopefully they'll do you right. I've been lucky I'm still rocking away on a 17" Samsung LCD with a date code of 2007.