Tomato and Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 Router

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Tomato and Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 Router

Post by Alathald »

I'm trying to get a buffalo WHR-HP-G54 to work with the Tomato firmware. I've flash the firmware fine, reset the router, cleared the NVRAM and even tried ipconfig /release followed by ipconfig /renew.

The firmware works fine, no crashing or anything, but I still can't get online when hooked up through the router. I'm pretty sure it's the router as the modem works fine plugged straight in but I can't think of anything else it may be so I now come to you guys...

Any ideas/tricks to getting tomato working that I'm missing? TBH I am pretty rusty on my networking.
DL13
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Tomato and Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 Router

Post by DL13 »

Hi are you using vista if so I might be able to help? My sister had a similar problem.
Dos your PC detect the router at all.
Gigabyte MA790FXTA-UD5 / Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.41Mhz / Mushkin 2X2GB 1333 / XFX 5870 1GB / Cooler Master HAF 932 / Win 7 Pro 64 / ACER G24 LCD 24"
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Alathald »

Yeah, I can coonect to and edit settings on the router just fine, I just can't access the internet through it. I think the router doesn't like my modem for some reason (pos Verizon DSL modem) but I've not had the time to really mess with it a WHOLE lot.
DL13
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DL13 »

You might have tried this all redye but go in to control panel, network and sharing, go in to customize change it to privet network than in network and sharing tern on network discovery. After I did that it started to work.
Gigabyte MA790FXTA-UD5 / Phenom II X3 720 @ 3.41Mhz / Mushkin 2X2GB 1333 / XFX 5870 1GB / Cooler Master HAF 932 / Win 7 Pro 64 / ACER G24 LCD 24"