MSI Mainboards

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Merlin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

MSI Mainboards

Post by Merlin »

I almost never hear anyone say the have an MSI board and I was wondering why. I have owned two and have had great service form them but I never OCed before.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

MSI has a good rep for being good solid boards.......not all that great of OC'ers but rock stable.............for the average user you can't go wrong with MSI......... 8)
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

There are things i love and things i hate about MSI. The mobo's that i have had in the past have for the most part been solid, but they do cut corners to save $$ or add more features. Some are decent overclockers like the 865 intel boards from what i read. in my experience though they do not overclock as well as an asus or abit. When i look at buying a low end board i tend to shop for a shuttle as they seem to be slighly better mobo's.

ps. my server is runing on an msi board. the sucker wont quit i got it used for $5 and did not even expect it to work, it has one bad memory bank and thats it when i switched my ram to the other bank i had no problems.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I started with an ASUS P4C800-E, something went wrong with it so I went to the MSI neo board, hated it. First, unless you are running a Northwood chip you can't change the voltage on the v-core, which really limits the OC. I agree ith everyone else in that they are good boards to run stock speeds, not for OCing. I have a Chaintech Zenith and love it, will love it even more when i get it water cooled.
bull
Legit User
Legit User

Post by bull »

I have only installed 1 MSI board. I did an MSI KT2 combo for my cousin. It is a very nice board. Very stable and easy to install. 8)