CHECK THIS OUT...

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Immortal

CHECK THIS OUT...

Post by Immortal »

T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

wow!!! looks like something off a 777.
I doubt that would fit in any standard case
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

Lol, remind you of the Jet 7 from coolermaster!
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Makes me wonder if intel can get the heat issues under control or not.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I think Intel is just going to byde their time until they switch over to the BTX and new form. Socket 748 has run its course. They dumped Tejas, which was going to be tabbed as Pent 5, and now they arecompletely banking on the BTX gig.
I'm betting that well before the end of the year we are looking at BTX, DDR2, PCI express...basically a whole new setup
My question is, do you think a sagging economy will support a completely new line of stuff?
Last edited by LVCapo on Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

I think the biggest problem with btx is going to be the cost of the socket. The guys over at anandtech said that some of the mobo manufactuers were haveing lots of problems with the sockets. I will also be very impressed if intel can find a way to cram dual core cpu's into the same socket ment for only one. i would not be suprized to hear in the next 6mths that intel is putting out a new soket for dual core procs, and that these cpus will have 64bit tech and integrated memory controlers.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

at what cost though. I think alot of people are tapped out financially, and after throwing down money to get Prescott and EE, and such, to have to replace the whole thing in 6 months to stay ahead of the curve. I'm willing to bet that alot of people shy away at first and wait until we see if this new form and stuff catches on.
I'm one of the ones who bought into the Prescott performance. i like it fine, but have spent more on cooling than anything else. I know I won't be switching over anytime soon.
I personally think the tech sector is hurting itself right now. Putting out interm solutions for premium money. It will be awhile before i invest in anything new. However I have thought about switching to AMD. alot to consider
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

According to a few sites the new AMD run much cooler than the preshotts. they use that "quite n cool" tech all it does is lower the multiplyer when the cpu is not under full load. so i dont think this would make much of a differnece as you still have to cool for the worst case senario.
Immortal

Post by Immortal »

lets face it guys, anything can run cooler than the prescotts, it isnt exactly hard is it?