Many Win 7 Troubles

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
kylepaddock
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Many Win 7 Troubles

Post by kylepaddock »

So last night my computer started getting really slow. Didn't bother me cause I was going to bed. This morning it was all fine. In the afternoon. It started getting slow then freezing. I decided to restart then I could not open any thing that was based off of Explorer. When I tried to open something based out of explorer, explorer would restart. I have scanned for viruses an nothing comes up. No odd processes either. About a half hour ago I got this trying to open control panel:

Code: Select all

::{26EE0668-A00A-44D7-9371-BEB064C98683} the remote procedure call failed and did not execute
. I have tries to run sfc /scannow and chkdsk but I can not open CMD as an admin because it restarts explorer. Does anyone havce any idea how to fix this.
If you have done a transaction with me, please fill out my heatware. http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=64039
Ebay is: horizonlongtails it is 100%!!!
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Many Win 7 Trubles

Post by DragonFury »

try and save all of your files you need to save and reinstall windows.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
KnightRid

Re: Many Win 7 Trubles

Post by KnightRid »

run malwarebytes and tdsskiller

try a repair install of windows

format and reinstall windows

That's all I can suggest. Definitely get any important files backed up immediately in case it gets worse!
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Neptune24
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: Many Win 7 Troubles

Post by Neptune24 »

KnightRid wrote:run malwarebytes and tdsskiller
try a repair install of windows
format and reinstall windows
That's all I can suggest. Definitely get any important files backed up immediately in case it gets worse!
I would suggest backing up first as well

One other thing you can do is to run spybot and c cleaner, as there is a small chance that it is something in the registry.

Neptune24
Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600)
Mother Board: Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD PhenomII X4 965 Processor, 3.4GHz(Stock)
Memory: 16GB RAM
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 550 Ti Memory: 1024 MB
GPU Driver:
Direct X 11