PCPer Review: 27" IPS Monitor

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

PCPer Review: 27" IPS Monitor

Post by Major_A »

I ran across this review the other day...
http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Displays/A ... -Under-350

Anybody here running one of these or have any dealings with them? I'm wanting to get more information and the people here are straight shooters. Thanks.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: PCPer Review: 27" IPS Monitor

Post by Apoptosis »

want me to see if I can get you that Achieva Shimian 27"IPS monitor so you can review it for LR? ;)

These are $371 shipped on Ebay - http://compare.ebay.com/like/3208719075 ... si=y&cbt=y

They are $399.99 at Microcenter - http://www.microcenter.com/single_produ ... id=0384780
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Here's another question, I know that DVI cables come in Single Link and Dual Link. Are the included cables with most "American" monitors single link? I'd give it a shot but I am no expert. All of the graphs for displays at Anandtech don't make much sense to me. So at the end of the day I think my review wouldn't be very good.

*EDIT*
The only thing I could do different from the other review is throw a bunch of hardware at it. Since I'm a computer packrat I still have a working 9800 Pro sitting around here along with 6800 NU, 7600GT, 8800GTS, HD 3850, GTX 260, HD 5450, GTX 460, GTX 570. Then I have various builds sitting collecting dust (nForce 430, P35, P45, Z68, KT 333 (LOL), and the ancient VIA (?) on a Thunderbird.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

fair enough :)

All 3D monitors and ultra HD resolutions require the dual-link DVI cable:

The official definition:
To support display devices requiring higher video bandwidth, there is provision for a dual DVI link. A dual link doubles the number of TMDS pairs, effectively doubling video bandwidth at a given pixel clock frequency. The DVI specification mandates how the dual link may be used. All display modes that use a pixel clock below 165 MHz, and have at most 24 bits per pixel, are required to use single-link mode. All modes that require more than 24 bits per pixel, and/or 165 MHz pixel clock frequency must use dual-link mode. In modes where each pixel uses 24 bits of color data per pixel or less and dual-link mode is in use, the transmitter stripes pixel data across both links; each sequential video pixel is transmitted on alternate links. In modes with color depth greater than 24 bits per pixel, the second link carries the least significant bits of each pixel.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Merlin
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Merlin »

Let me know if/when you want to get rid of the GTX460. I have one and I may want to try SLI in the not too distant future.
Merlin
Windows 10 64 bit home on both
ASUS Z97-A LGA1150|i7 4790K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR3 2400| EVGA GTX660 | Corsair HX520W PSU
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO 1151|i7 8700K|32Gb G-skill Ripjaws DDR4-2666| EVGA GTX1080 | Samsung 500GB SSD | Corsair AX760 PSU
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

It's in my HTPC so probably not any time soon. But I'll keep you in mind.