ASRock can kiss MY asrock

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Kevsta
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: ASRock can kiss MY asrock

Post by Kevsta »

Dear customer,

Thanks for contacting ASRock America.

Please understand that open-box product / bent pins is not including in manufacturer warranty. Please contact Newegg to get further assistance if you need return or replacement. If you prefer to do RMA with us, ASRock will charge $50 labor & service fee (Non-US customers need to indicate the check or money order will be paid in U.S dollar.) and provide 3 months warranty for the replaced motherboard. We only accept check or money order.

If you decide RMA your motherboard with us, Please complete the attached RMA request form, and then e-mail it back to obtain RMA number and shipping instruction. Any packages received without an RMA number outside of the package or valid RMA number will be rejected and returned by your own expense.

**Please provide ALL of the information requested below**
RMA request form

-You must complete all required fields, or you might be delayed to obtain your RMA #.
Nope..didn't think I would get a replacement..
Hood
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Hood »

Acknowledging the problem and honoring their warranty would probably bankrupt a company like that, the problem is widespread and not limited to one model. I only trust Asus and Gigabyte boards these days, even MSI acted just like Asrock when I had a problem with one of their boards (ignored my emails and RMA request after the first response). Asrock, ECS, and Biostar have always been risky. Intel and EVGA make good boards but they generally have a crappy BIOS and software, although EVGA is recently showing signs of improvement. I've been very satisfied with several Asus boards, so I generally stick with them, and most people agree that they write the best UEFI BIOS in the business.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Hood wrote:Acknowledging the problem and honoring their warranty would probably bankrupt a company like that, the problem is widespread and not limited to one model. I only trust Asus and Gigabyte boards these days, even MSI acted just like Asrock when I had a problem with one of their boards (ignored my emails and RMA request after the first response). Asrock, ECS, and Biostar have always been risky. Intel and EVGA make good boards but they generally have a crappy BIOS and software, although EVGA is recently showing signs of improvement. I've been very satisfied with several Asus boards, so I generally stick with them, and most people agree that they write the best UEFI BIOS in the business.
Last I heard it looked like ASUS may take over ASRock by either buying it or combining forces. Cant remember if ASRock was started by ASUS people who left or by ASUS themselves and then they broke up the company...I dunno, it is so damn murky the information you can find but somehow they were at least related before and now they want the child to come back home i guess.

I will never let ASRock slide for making crappy boards that come to customers damaged and they wont stand behind them. I tell everyone I see and post it online as much as I can. I am a nobody in this industry but the word will get around, just may take longer :finga:
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
pwcmed
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by pwcmed »

Right there with,

I've been building PC for about 13 years now and have never ever seen a motherboard catch on fire from a non overclocked setup. It worked great for 11 months and this past Saturday it shut off and would not power back on. I removed everything except the 24 and 4 pin connector on the motherboard. Everything else was disconnected. I was happy to see fan movement but saw a huge glowing light followed by a spark and smoke. Is disconnected it and found this

I read that this board had issues but didn't they were catching on fire.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1337304/asro ... board-fire

I email customer service for an RMA sent a picture to show them its the same ICs everyone was blowing and got this response.
Hello,

Based on the picture you send it looks like a physical damage and the cost to replace it will be $50.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1337304/asro ... board-fire
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

ROFLMAO - and NOW you know why I will never buy an ASRock product in my life and why I am trying so hard to get everyone else to realize this company has the worst products and customer service in history.

Their products are perfect and you must have taken a blowtorch to that motherboard or messed with it somehow because ASRock products are made by God and never have problems. Yea, ASRock can kiss my ASRock. :finga:
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Damn that's bad

ASRock - > the Dr Nick Riviera of computer parts

/also must remember to never cross Mike :axe:
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

ASRock can still suck it :finga:

Not letting my campaign against horrible quality control and even worse customer service go. I wish every person who had any influence in the industry would tell them to go to hell unless they change their practices. From this thread and MULTIPLE posts all over the internet, I am not alone in what has happened. Isolated incident, I can understand. Multiple incindents, no excuse for how ASRock has acted towards EVERYONE. It was not OUR fault, it was YOURS and you would not admit it nor fix it without charging good customers even more money for what was faulty in the first place.
DJ Tucker
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DJ Tucker »

lets just hope my board doesn't decide to die on me it quite such a fashion and short time :)
MSI Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi
Core i7 10700KF 5Ghz @ 1.25v With Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super 1980Mhz @ 0.925v With TechN GPU Block
32Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz 16-18-18-38
Aqua Computer Ultitube 200 Pro D5 Next
Corsair XR5 240mm x2 & 360mm
Intel 670p 2Tb & WD Blue M.2 2Tb
Corsair HX1000i
Philips Momentum 3000 24" (Main) & MSI Optix G241V E2 (Second)
Lian Li O11D
Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo, Roccat Kone Aimo Remastered and Roccat Sym Pro Air
DJ Tucker
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DJ Tucker »

guess what my asrock extreme 6 just code 55'd me. this is after 2 years of flawless running :( asrock have not issued an rma due to no uk distributor/repair sector. asrock have no just lost all my respect so screw you asrock :finga:
MSI Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi
Core i7 10700KF 5Ghz @ 1.25v With Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super 1980Mhz @ 0.925v With TechN GPU Block
32Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz 16-18-18-38
Aqua Computer Ultitube 200 Pro D5 Next
Corsair XR5 240mm x2 & 360mm
Intel 670p 2Tb & WD Blue M.2 2Tb
Corsair HX1000i
Philips Momentum 3000 24" (Main) & MSI Optix G241V E2 (Second)
Lian Li O11D
Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo, Roccat Kone Aimo Remastered and Roccat Sym Pro Air