Built a computer to play some games

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
sampsonnite420
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Built a computer to play some games

Post by sampsonnite420 »

So how did i do. thinking that i could use this to game out a little. also would like to know if anybody has the same computer or at least the same motherboard and cpu with the water cooler that it comes with it. i get an error at the POST, "cpu fan error". Im not sure why i get that error as everything works fine. Also does anybody know anything about the graphic card. Just wondering if anybody knows of any problems when trying to crossfire these to play game?!
also was thinking of getting a sound system for the pc, would anybody have any suggestions on any nice 5.1 or 7 channel for gaming?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (16.93 KiB) Viewed 5573 times
Spamburger
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Re: Built a computer to play some games

Post by Spamburger »

The CPU Fan ERROR I assume is because there is nothing plugged into the CPU_FAN header. It happens when I rush builds and plug the fan into a different fan header.

The only problems with any multi GPU setup, whether it be Crossfire or SLI, is your reaction to microstutter and if your computer can accept multiple video cards. The former is not noticeable to some, but annoying to others. The latter is dependent on motherboard slots, which doesn't seem to be a problem, and the power supply rating.

I'm not sure what type of surround sound audio you want. I deal with both gamers who are fine with the $100 Logitech speakers and audiophiles/rich people who want to connect their computers to an amplifier-receiver with a home theater setup.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

You are going to spend all that money and not get a SSD?

If you want 5.1 or above I would just hook it to your surround system in your house. It will be too loud for in a single room unless you keep the volume WAY down and lose the effect of the multi-channel surround anyway, so put it in the main room and have fun. If not, then just get a good pair of headphones as you will just piss other people off with the volume you need to get the true effects of surround.

Also, playing on a nice big plasma screen is orgasmic :supz: well when the wife lets me LOL
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

I would have bought a intel CPU and a Nvidia graphic card. That's just me. Enjoy your new rig!
egloeckle
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by egloeckle »

Cook wrote: Gaming Processors:-
Intel Core i7-990X (12M Cache, 3.46 GHz,)
What the... I dont even.... How this is classified as a gaming processor is beyond me.

Yes, this comment is as productive as the Intel vs AMD stuff.

To the OP: The answer to how you did can only be answered by you, how does it run whatever games you currently play? My guess is really well meaning it *should* continue playing games quite well for some time (not like most game makers are really pushing hardware with the whole console port thing).