Help: Installing A Modded (Unlocked?) BIOS

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
mlauzon
Legit User
Legit User

Help: Installing A Modded (Unlocked?) BIOS

Post by mlauzon »

I am looking to install the Insyde 1.12 Unlocked BIOS for my Acer Aspire V3-771G, I currently have the stock version of the Insyde 1.12 BIOS installed, so I am unsure if I can actually install what amounts to the same BIOS, although unlocked, over it.

The stock BIOS can be installed directly from within Windows and also has a DOS installer as well, but I am not sure about the unlocked BIOS. Here is a screenshot of the files within the zip file for the unlocked BIOS:

The BIOS itself can be found for download here:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/24459764/Acer_ ... locked.zip

There are no instructions in the zip archive, which I think is just stupid!

Can anyone give me an idea of how to do this, because I assume there are people here who have installed unlocked BIOS in their PCs before?
Michael
KnightRid

Re: Help: Installing A Modded (Unlocked?) BIOS

Post by KnightRid »

Never had the need nor desire to mess around with a Bios....

Google - How to Flash an Insyde BIOS - or I can do it for ya - http://bit.ly/1533STf

Second result down if you read the thread they talk about FlashIt and using from DOS.

Out of curiosity, why would you want to unlock the Bios? I would never overclock a laptop due to heat.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
mlauzon
Legit User
Legit User

Post by mlauzon »

Oh, and I've already been to that site -- and posted on the forum as well -- before finding that I had an account here, and the thread you mentioned is for HP laptops.

Who said anything about overclocking -- which is something I never do to my desktop or any laptop I've ever owned -- there are other things that you can do with the full BIOS.
Michael
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Are you asking which executable you need to run inside the ZIP file?
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

mlauzon wrote:Oh, and I've already been to that site -- and posted on the forum as well -- before finding that I had an account here, and the thread you mentioned is for HP laptops.

Who said anything about overclocking -- which is something I never do to my desktop or any laptop I've ever owned -- there are other things that you can do with the full BIOS.
Ok, good luck. I know of nothing worthwhile to unlock a bios for except overclocking settings. If I find something in my travels I will give a shout.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: