ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 MB DOA

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Siver
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 MB DOA

Post by Siver »

This is mostly about ASRock but I bought the Intel Z77 1155 MB for my new i5-3570k, bought together. MB from Newegg and CPU from Amazon.

I really should have inspected the MB before it came but I didn't, due to the excitement. I know how to install CPU's and MB, I literally installed another i5-3570k into an ASRock MB at work the day before I did mine and it worked just fine.

My MB came DOA. I hooked everything up and pressed the power button only for the fans to come on for a split second and power off. Spent a half an hour taking everything apart, testing the PSU, ram, MB. Disconnected everything and only had the MB power cord, CPU power cable and cpu installed, pressed the power button and nothing. After I finally gave up and emailed ASRock about wanting a refund, because newegg does not refund MB's, I took everything apart to find I had bent pins.

ASRock will not refund me for their defected board, brand new out of the box.
Hi Kyle,
Our customer service will contact you (via email) for bent pins issue.
Please also check junk/spam mail incase mail filter has sent to that folder.
However, bent pins may considered as physical damage and affect the limited warranty.

Thank you

ASRock America Support Team
Horrible horrible company with crappy quality control. I went ahead and contacted Newegg, they don't refund but they were kind enough to give me store credit for the MB and even paying for the return shipping.

In short, ASRock is a crappy company with low standards and crappy policies. Better off buying a better more expensive brand, gonna pay off in the long run. Wish I hadn't of even taken the chance on AScrap...

Newegg though, freaking awesome company. Purchased all the parts for my computer from them in the past and everything worked out perfectly.
KnightRid

Re: ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 MB DOA

Post by KnightRid »

Welcome to the world of ASRock - http://forums.legitreviews.com/about43923.html

You got lucky with Newegg actually refunding your money as they would not do it for me. I keep telling people to not buy ASRock crap due to the complete and utter lack of customer service yet people keep rushing out and buying as more and more horror stories are posted online.

Spread the word, ASRock has ZERO customer support nor loyalty and people need to move their business to another company.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
DJ Tucker
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DJ Tucker »

I am fortunate enough to have had 3 asrock boards work fine with no issues. even my current board is fine. however, if you did not inspect the board before installation then you may have caused the pins to have bent beyond repair which sucks. I have had that in an old asus board before but bent the pins back and they worked thank god. glad Newegg refunded you though.
MSI Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi
Core i7 10700KF 5Ghz @ 1.25v With Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super 1980Mhz @ 0.925v With TechN GPU Block
32Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz 16-18-18-38
Aqua Computer Ultitube 200 Pro D5 Next
Corsair XR5 240mm x2 & 360mm
Intel 670p 2Tb & WD Blue M.2 2Tb
Corsair HX1000i
Philips Momentum 3000 24" (Main) & MSI Optix G241V E2 (Second)
Lian Li O11D
Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo, Roccat Kone Aimo Remastered and Roccat Sym Pro Air
sgkean
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by sgkean »

I have two ASRock boards currently in use, one is 3 years old, the other about six months. My luck with them has been great thankfully, sucks there are so many issues with their customer service.

As for bent pins, I have a MSI board where the USB 3 header had a badly bent pin, and when I went to straighten it, it snapped off. So no USB 3 for that board LOL