Looking for a new AIO Printer

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
unfaithfulsfan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Looking for a new AIO Printer

Post by unfaithfulsfan »

My 5 year old OfficeJet 6310 bit the dust a while back but have been getting by with a little DeskJet 1000. More & more lately I find myself needing a real scanner (rather than an app on my phone), much better print quality although not for printing photos so much as for projects like shooting out a sheet or two of business cards for my wife's catering jobs & the occasional greeting card or a run of handouts for a meeting.

I really don't want another HP. I have been looking at either a Brother MFCJ650DW or the Epson WorkForce WF-2660 so that puts my budget at around a buck & a quarter on the high end. I'm not overly concerned with speed though I don't want to grow old waiting for a one-page document to print either. I primarily want good clean print quality for "standard" text docs and as good a graphics quality as I can get in my target price point. Capability to print from SDHC or USB stick would be nice but for my budget it's not a deal breaker.

Any suggestions? Thanks very kindly.
"A payphone was ringing and it just about blew my mind,
when I picked it up & said 'Hello' this foot came through the line"
~Bob Dylan
KnightRid

Re: Looking for a new AIO Printer

Post by KnightRid »

Just wanted to say you may want to up your budget and look at a color laser. I have had my Dell 2130cn for a couple years and absolutely love it. The one i have is not the AIO but they have them. SOOOOOOOO cheap on toner! I buy aftermarket ink and have only replaced the cartridges one time in going on three years now. Upfront cost is more but the savings down the road more than make up for it.

Just wanted to throw that out there but I know the upfront costs can be daunting.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
unfaithfulsfan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by unfaithfulsfan »

Thanks! I'll take a look. I know lasers have dropped in price but don't know how it'll work for me right now.

Nice to "see" another cigar connoisseur! I've used Stogie411 to research sticks I haven't tried & I've come to trust the info, so Thanks for that, too!
~Bob Dylan
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

After having this laser, I will never own an inkjet! Cost is so much lower on bulk prints. Only bad thing with the laser is you cant print on glossy material as it will melt it and create a hell of a mess.

Cigars RULE!!! :) If you ever travel and are in the south central part of PA (or upper Maryland) give a shout and we can smoke one together.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
unfaithfulsfan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by unfaithfulsfan »

Will definitely do that. Same invitation applies if you're ever in Buffalo..
~Bob Dylan