Asus laptop ROG G53sx FAN constantly running at max speed

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
TTengg
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Asus laptop ROG G53sx FAN constantly running at max speed

Post by TTengg »

Asus laptop ROG G53sx FAN constantly running at max speed both CPU and GPU fan

it happen after i clean my heat fins using vacuum cleaner
the CPU and GPU temp is under 40c so its not over heating

what i tried

download speed fan , no luck it wont let me set the fan speed using program
re flash the bios using CMD /nodate
remove Cmos battery ,laptop battery press power button 30 sec , still no luck

any suggestions/solutions?

Thanks in advance
KnightRid

Re: Asus laptop ROG G53sx FAN constantly running at max spee

Post by KnightRid »

Try turning it off, pulling the battery, push the power button to drain all power from the system, wait about a minute, put battery back in, turn on.

You could check your bios settings and windows settings for cooling and make sure they are not set to have at run at max all the time.

When you cleaned the fans off did you remove the heat sink or just clean it from outside the case? If you removed the heatsink you should have replaced the thermal paste even if you temps are showing good.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
TTengg
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by TTengg »

KnightRid wrote:Try turning it off, pulling the battery, push the power button to drain all power from the system, wait about a minute, put battery back in, turn on.

You could check your bios settings and windows settings for cooling and make sure they are not set to have at run at max all the time.

When you cleaned the fans off did you remove the heat sink or just clean it from outside the case? If you removed the heatsink you should have replaced the thermal paste even if you temps are showing good.
thanks for the reply i didn't remove the heat sink i only remove the fan from board , may be that will be my last resort removing the heat sink from the board where i totally remove all the parts of my laptop

one thing , i still using my laptop where both fan is in max state , should i be worried that my fan will burn out?
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

TTengg wrote: one thing , i still using my laptop where both fan is in max state , should i be worried that my fan will burn out?
It will wear your fan out a lot quicker than if it was operating at a lower state when it is not hot. Fans are not that expensive though but I would really try to figure out where the problem lies as your fan should not do that. If you want to keep running it at max speed then I would just snag another fan to have on hand in case that one goes out.

Also, your laptop has 2 fans (correct?) so are both running full speed? Did you try switching them around? If only 1 is running max then maybe the fan itself is just going bad if you switch the fans and the normal one rund normal in the opposite place and the max one runs max....hope you follow that :mrgreen:
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
TTengg
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by TTengg »

KnightRid wrote:
TTengg wrote: one thing , i still using my laptop where both fan is in max state , should i be worried that my fan will burn out?
It will wear your fan out a lot quicker than if it was operating at a lower state when it is not hot. Fans are not that expensive though but I would really try to figure out where the problem lies as your fan should not do that. If you want to keep running it at max speed then I would just snag another fan to have on hand in case that one goes out.

Also, your laptop has 2 fans (correct?) so are both running full speed? Did you try switching them around? If only 1 is running max then maybe the fan itself is just going bad if you switch the fans and the normal one rund normal in the opposite place and the max one runs max....hope you follow that :mrgreen:
i got you mate , iam doing it while reading your comment but still both fan still in max speed ,also tried one fan connected still at max , this getting funny now

actually i love it while gaming , my system very smooth and cool , but i cant sleep when my laptop is on while downloading some stuff, its very noisy loud ! its louder than my air-con :axe:

planing to get desktop cpu fan controller and wire to it any advice?
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Yep, dont do it lol

I would try speedfan - http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php - or try messing with the fan settings in bios first. You will have to find a dual fan controller that will accept the connectors on a laptop or else get an adapter to go from the laptop to a 3 or 4 pin desktop style connector.

I would honestly try a new fan(s) before even thinking about going through the mess of a controller and getting wires run outside the laptop and trying to avoid any pinch point doing it.

Again this is just my opinion/thoughts :mrgreen:
TTengg
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by TTengg »

solve magic happen when i apply new thermal compound both cpu and gpu :)
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

TTengg wrote:solve magic happen when i apply new thermal compound both cpu and gpu :)
:supz: Awesome, glad you got it fixed!