Lotus Notes Archive stored in user APPDATA folder gone

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
ViljoSiitonen
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Lotus Notes Archive stored in user APPDATA folder gone

Post by ViljoSiitonen »

Hello,
I have a user who had a lotus notes archive folder under her User\username\Appdata folder.
Due to some other issues we rebuilt her profile and this archive folder is gone. Is there any tool or way to recover her APPData folder (it was today) or is it gone?
KnightRid

Re: Lotus Notes Archive stored in user APPDATA folder gone

Post by KnightRid »

ViljoSiitonen wrote:Hello,
I have a user who had a lotus notes archive folder under her User\username\Appdata folder.
Due to some other issues we rebuilt her profile and this archive folder is gone. Is there any tool or way to recover her APPData folder (it was today) or is it gone?
Any recovery program should be able to recover a deleted file/folder. I like http://www.file-recovery.com/products.htm - no endorsement or anything just I have used it over the years and has worked very well for me. I always used the file recovery but the Undelete software seems to have an unlimited recovery for one time so that may do better for you.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
eriksen
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by eriksen »

Not available in Notes, AFAIK.
You may need special tools like Lotus Notes Recovery Toolbox to undelete the file, if it is possible at all: a Notes database, when not properly handled, gets easily corrupted. One missing block and the file is beyond repair. http://www.oemailrecovery.com/lotusnotes_recovery.html
Next time, make a backup before doing anything drastic... Maybe something on an older backup?
eriksen
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by eriksen »

Please have a look at this forum topic: Hope this information will be helpful for you.
http://www-10.lotus.com/ldd/dominowiki. ... ting_Guide
ViljoSiitonen
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by ViljoSiitonen »

Thank you all for your advice! The issue has been resolved.
samvik1
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by samvik1 »

Lotus Notes has a Inbuilt Fix Up tool to fix error and repair corrupt NSF Files. But it could be time consuming and may not be able to fix all errors. in such situation we can use NSf File Repair tool. NSF tool scans the the Lotus Notes Database, collect errors and then it preview the corrupt NSF File. You can then select and sort files which you want to recover. NSF File repair tool recover, corrupt deleted files efficiently maintaining the accuracy. You can save your files in any location as per your choice.
Download NSF File Repair Tool from [somewhere on the web you can search for]

Yea I removed the link as the whole post sounds like a big ad which you can always pay for if you would like to advertise!!! Just contact Apoptosis and I am sure he can get you set up.
Last edited by KnightRid on Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link from ad sounding post