Windows 10 Issue : explorer is very slow

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
fatherviper
Legit User
Legit User

Windows 10 Issue : explorer is very slow

Postby fatherviper » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:53 am

Recently I had a win 10 clean installation on my PC. Now I need to wait for at least 5 seconds before showing any folders in local drives. While opening any folder I can see a message 'working on it'

This Pc is having a 4GB ram and clocked at 2.5 GHZ AMD A series CPU. It has no problem with the previous version of windows and worked fair on windows 8.1.
I had done defragmentation and disk checkup and found no issues associated with the disk.
please help me?

KnightRid

Re: Windows 10 Issue : explorer is very slow

Postby KnightRid » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:24 am

Hi, first you really should have more memory. Windows is a total memory hog and this could be part of your problem.

Try to optimize the folders for GENERAL ITEMS - properties --> customize --> select general items and tick the box below for subfolders.

That above will take away the settings windows uses for music/pictures/etc so everything should display as a file name rather than trying to create or load special thumbnails.
Cigar Blog I review for - http://www.stogiereview.com

fatherviper
Legit User
Legit User

Re: Windows 10 Issue : explorer is very slow

Postby fatherviper » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:07 am

if you are using a direct upgrade system from older versions of winows , Try to perform a clean installation. I recovered from this issue by doing this. I was facing a circling icon when opening my drives. I performed some optimization but never got any results :toimonster:

Return to “General Computer Forum”