USB extension cable

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

USB extension cable

Post by Kaos Kid »

Duh, stupid question but I'm dysexlic ;) and my head hurts so help me out please...I want to get a USB 3.0 extension cable because a new USB wireless adapter I got is so big it covers 2 slots, and sticks out so much it looks to be easily breakable. Should I be looking for male to female, or female to male?
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
KnightRid

Re: USB extension cable

Post by KnightRid »

male one end female the other.

Just wear protection.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

That's what I figured, I guess it doesn't matter which end is which as long as there are one of each. (I left this one open for a drive-by lol)

Thanks!
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Kaos Kid wrote:That's what I figured, I guess it doesn't matter which end is which as long as there are one of each. (I left this one open for a drive-by lol)

Thanks!
Just make sure they consent to the plugging part :ANAL:
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

This is what I ended up ordering, since it is for a wireless USB adapter stick I thought it would act as a base better than just having the stick plugged in at the end of a cable.
Startech_5_Desktop_SuperSpeed_USB_3.0_Extension_Cable_-_Walmart.com_-_2016-10-24_16.35.19.jpg
Startech_5_Desktop_SuperSpeed_USB_3.0_Extension_Cable_-_Walmart.com_-_2016-10-24_16.35.19.jpg (73.08 KiB) Viewed 5474 times