Need help: Lag playing Online games

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Hitman
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Need help: Lag playing Online games

Post by Hitman »

Hi there,

I’m a newbie to online games. I noticed lags while playing online games.I have a good internet plan with a high bandwidth (http://www.thinktel.ca). I discussed with my friends and one of my friends suggested to use Iolo system mechanic. I didn’t notice any changes using the trial version.

My system configuration is http://pcpartpicker.com/list/KpL4gL. Anyhow, recently my PC completely frooze while playing online. Found some solutions online to try with the video card and no errors were reported when I did the memory test. I reinstalled the graphics drivers and updated windows 10 also. Still the issue is not resolved. Has anyone faced the same issue? Please, advice and share your ideas.

Thanks
KnightRid

Re: Need help: Lag playing Online games

Post by KnightRid »

Ok, first question is what game? Do you have it in ALL games?

Make sure your video card is not overheating as even some brand new cards could have a faulty cooler. Multiple programs available like hwmonitor and gputemp.

Lower your graphics settings in the game to test if that is the problem. Lower them WAY down and try playing and see if you still have the problem.

Try the nvidia beta drivers.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

I Also had the same problem before and in my case the solution was changing the windowed mode of the game (so I see what's happening while I game) to full screen mode.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
DJ Tucker
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DJ Tucker »

we would need to know the specs of your system, what games you are playing, what settings you are running each game and resolution in order to help you fully :)
MSI Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi
Core i7 10700KF 5Ghz @ 1.25v With Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super 1980Mhz @ 0.925v With TechN GPU Block
32Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz 16-18-18-38
Aqua Computer Ultitube 200 Pro D5 Next
Corsair XR5 240mm x2 & 360mm
Intel 670p 2Tb & WD Blue M.2 2Tb
Corsair HX1000i
Philips Momentum 3000 24" (Main) & MSI Optix G241V E2 (Second)
Lian Li O11D
Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo, Roccat Kone Aimo Remastered and Roccat Sym Pro Air
fatherviper
Legit User
Legit User

Post by fatherviper »

In some cases the latency of the connection will cause you to lag in live events.
AdrianG001
Legit User
Legit User

Post by AdrianG001 »

Hitman wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:59 pm Hi there,

I’m a newbie to online games. I noticed lags while playing online games.I have a good internet plan with a high bandwidth (http://www.thinktel.ca). I discussed with my friends and one of my friends suggested to use Iolo system mechanic. I didn’t notice any changes using the trial version.

My system configuration is http://pcpartpicker.com/list/KpL4gL. Anyhow, recently my PC completely frooze while playing online. Found some solutions online to try with the video card and no errors were reported when I did the memory test. I reinstalled the graphics drivers and updated windows 10 also. Still the issue is not resolved. Has anyone faced the same issue? Please, advice and share your ideas.

Thanks
The lag is the case when the ping of the server doesn’t match with the ping of your connection or when your ping is higher than the servers’.”Ping” refers to the time used to make a connection of some internet service.It’s usually in rate of ‘ms’ and you can see the ping while joining the server-details.You can sometimes see your ping beside as well.

The ping also gets varied considering your CPU usage is high even though a there’s fine internet connectivity,as the flow of net is blocked to attain processes stability of the overall system.

All you can do is to check your ping and the servers’ and join when your ping is lower than the ping of the server.

Regards,
Adrian