AntiVirus suggestion

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Gustavo Woltmann
Legit User
Legit User

AntiVirus suggestion

Post by Gustavo Woltmann »

I was using Kaspersky. But, it seems to me that it makes money computer too slow. So I want to switch. One of my friends suggest me to use SafeBytes. I have never used it before. Anyone has any idea about this anti-virus? I want to get some idea about it.
KnightRid

Re: AntiVirus suggestion

Post by KnightRid »

I never used it. kaspersky is still the number 1 anti virus I believe. Avast has a good free one which has been rated number 1 for free antivirus for a while.

It seems safebytes is a crap program - http://botcrawl.com/safebytes-virus-removal/ - and I would never install it if I were you. i would also tell your friend to get rid of it as quick as possible and switch to a well known program like Avast for free.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
lucy albert
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by lucy albert »

Thanks for suggesting...........!
tonytran
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by tonytran »

Gustavo Woltmann wrote:I was using Kaspersky. But, it seems to me that it makes money computer too slow. So I want to switch. One of my friends suggest me to use SafeBytes. I have never used it before. Anyone has any idea about this anti-virus? I want to get some idea about it.
In my opinion, Kaspersky is the first choice of me. In fact, I'm using Kaspersky Internet Security and it's quite lightweight for me. Have you tried it yet?
DJ Tucker
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DJ Tucker »

i use avira and it uses barely any system resources and did better than avg and avast.
MSI Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi
Core i7 10700KF 5Ghz @ 1.25v With Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super 1980Mhz @ 0.925v With TechN GPU Block
32Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz 16-18-18-38
Aqua Computer Ultitube 200 Pro D5 Next
Corsair XR5 240mm x2 & 360mm
Intel 670p 2Tb & WD Blue M.2 2Tb
Corsair HX1000i
Philips Momentum 3000 24" (Main) & MSI Optix G241V E2 (Second)
Lian Li O11D
Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo, Roccat Kone Aimo Remastered and Roccat Sym Pro Air
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

I use zonealarm free antivirus + firewall for many years now and its good.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
AdrianG001
Legit User
Legit User

Post by AdrianG001 »

Gustavo Woltmann wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:46 am I was using Kaspersky. But, it seems to me that it makes money computer too slow. So I want to switch. One of my friends suggest me to use SafeBytes. I have never used it before. Anyone has any idea about this anti-virus? I want to get some idea about it.
There are many virus in the world like malware/spyware/Trojan/ransom-ware. These are few very famous category of Viruses in the world. Although there are many companies which are working to smash these viruses very honestly.

Few best antivirus protection which you can use to protect your computer:

Windows Defender (built into Windows, mostly silent so you won’t see it, but it does its job well and has a low false positive rate).
Symantec (Norton)
AVG
Webroot

Regards,
Adrian
sherilyn25
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by sherilyn25 »

Hey, I think the best free antivirus is Avast. Also, McAffee has a great number options to protect the PC, but that is too complicated with settings.
Pandamonium
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Pandamonium »

And I am going to surprise you but I actually like built in Windows Security in Windows 10. It comes with the system but unlike previous versions it is not annoying. It runs somewhere in the background and doesn't slow anything down. It is right there when I need it with a quick scan (which really is quick) and no ads. I have been using it for over a year and so far I am pleased. I do not visit insecure websites so I am not sure how it works in more risky environment but it is good for a regular user.