I see you guys have slowed down a bit. crypto mining anyone?

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

I see you guys have slowed down a bit. crypto mining anyone?

Post by hercules71185 »

You guys started me with my first big build. To a 6 gpu mining rig back in the day. Teaching me how to overclock and the family feels were good here. So I wanted to see who was still here. Almost 10 years later as a user, and probably a year or so further of lurking.

Does anyone mine? Has anyone noticed the Nvidia cards are actually profitable again?
KnightRid

Re: I see you guys have slowed down a bit. crypto mining anyone?

Post by KnightRid »

Still around just forums have slowed down. I have never done any mining at all. I used to do the folding@home project back in the day but that was all.

I always thought mining was something for people who already had a lot of computers to try and get money rather than a single computer. Just doesn't seem worthwhile unless you have a lot of systems running.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
dustinminch
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by dustinminch »

I'm looking into starting up a 6 gpu mining rig this week. Lots of people are mining these days. Lots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hercules71185 »

I can tell you a single 1070 is bringing in 90 a month so far on avg. 180 bucks in 55 days was my cashout today. With that I'm using it to upgrade to 2 1070s. If it brings in another 180 I may go to a tri sli 1080 set up to see where it goes. If it still brings a profit by August I'm going to get a 6 way set up started. I just don't want the alt coins to crash. As of now I have no idea why they are even worth anything if all they are doing is trading to BTC
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

How much extra power is it drawing and costing on your electric bill though?

90 a month seems too small to worry about to me...Now if you could make $3000+ a month I would be all on board!
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
hercules71185
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by hercules71185 »

I look at it as it covers my entire AC bill. My bill with mining, using AC. Fridge, stove, oven, toaster oven etc. All stays about 80 per month and the PC covers it. Last March my bill was 70 and I don't think it was as hot as this year. This year was 89. I don't think the total cost will go above 20 bucks a month. Killawatt says it draws 170 watts at load.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

hercules71185 wrote:I look at it as it covers my entire AC bill. My bill with mining, using AC. Fridge, stove, oven, toaster oven etc. All stays about 80 per month and the PC covers it. Last March my bill was 70 and I don't think it was as hot as this year. This year was 89. I don't think the total cost will go above 20 bucks a month. Killawatt says it draws 170 watts at load.
Hey, as long as it works for you man!! I hope the payouts keep going up!

Our electric is usually around $200 a month (everything is electric) and we dont even have an electric car (which I really want). I guess if I would spend a couple grand and build multiple mining machines to run right off the bat, it would pay off in a year or two....if the payouts stay the same or go up.