GeForce GTX 260 Died Need Suggestions For Replacement

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Flux
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

GeForce GTX 260 Died Need Suggestions For Replacement

Post by Flux »

I have an older PC that is running a GeForce GTX 260. The video card just died yesterday. I was going to order the same card (I think it's only around $55 on Amazon, used), however, I would prefer to get a card that can handle DirectX 11, if possible.

I should be upgrading to a new PC in the future, so I don't want to break the bank. Used cards are okay, as this is an older machine. I am willing to stick with DirectX 10 if I can get a solid, cheap card.

Any suggestions? Not looking to spend over $75, if I can keep from it.
My Humble System:
- AMD 2500+
- Radeon 9800 Pro
- EpoX 8RDA3+
KnightRid

Re: GeForce GTX 260 Died Need Suggestions For Replacement

Post by KnightRid »

AMD RX460 - I saw it for $90 - I know, $15 more lol This is DX12 though too.

Ok found this - https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... 6814202269 - rx460 for $80 then you get a $10 mail in rebate so it's $70 - BOOM oh shipping is $4 so it is $1 below your price after rebate =D>

You are talking really low end cards and if you are getting a new computer soon (are you building it or buying it) it may have better built in graphics the real low end cards.

If you just want something to show a picture on your monitor, grab anything. You didn't say what you wanted to do with it.

I personally would never buy a used card unless it was from someone I knew or trusted.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Did you still need a card or did you already get one?
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Benly
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Benly »

Give us your budget so that at least I can give you a list. I am currently using Gigabyte Radeon Rx 480 8gb and it is going good. It's a very decent card and supports gaming at 2k.