1060 or 780

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Chaory
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

1060 or 780

Post by Chaory »

I recently ordered a GTX 1060 3GB, but found out that I won't receive it for up to 1 1/2 months. So I purchased a used GTX 780 SC. The plan is to sell one, after I get the 1060. My question is which one should I keep and which one should I sell?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KnightRid

Re: 1060 or 780

Post by KnightRid »

1060 6gb would be better. From what i have read and seen the 3gb should be slightly better than the 780 but not a lot...

here is one link - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/77 ... -gtx-1060/ - basically says like all the others, get he 6gb version.

If you can cancel the 1060 or upgrade it to the 6gb version, I would - this is my opinion! - I just dont see it being that big of a difference to warrant trying to sell the 780 after getting the 1060, unless you have a buyer already.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Chaory
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Chaory »

KnightRid wrote:1060 6gb would be better. From what i have read and seen the 3gb should be slightly better than the 780 but not a lot...

here is one link - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/77 ... -gtx-1060/ - basically says like all the others, get he 6gb version.

If you can cancel the 1060 or upgrade it to the 6gb version, I would - this is my opinion! - I just dont see it being that big of a difference to warrant trying to sell the 780 after getting the 1060, unless you have a buyer already.
I tried canceling, since after I found out that it might take over a month to get it, but the seller says they don't do refunds, returns, or cancelations. Even eBay said that it's too late for a cancellation, even if it hasn't ship yet.

I know that I might be able to sell the 1060 for more, since it's newer, and unopened. Just wondering if the 1060 would be any much better than the 780. I only game on 1080p and try to target 60 fps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

With them being so close, I would imagine it will be game specific. Put a list of games up or google specific games for framerates and see if that specific game will work better on one or the other. Whichever card has more of the games you play at a higher framerate would be the one to go with.

With nvidias driver structure, I am not sure the 1060 would even get more updates as my 660 still gets the driver updates since they are all-in-one.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga: