Need new mouse - suggestions wanted

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
KnightRid

Need new mouse - suggestions wanted

Post by KnightRid »

Ok, so my Devastator mouse wheel started squeaking again - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=46236&p=225480 - and I am not going to bother with an RMA. I am looking for thoughts on a good mouse that is not $20,000 lol I do not do a lot of gaming on the computer any more (ps4/ps3 for that) and just want something that will work smoothly and comfortably.

Thinking around $30-$50. Any ideas? I might buy the keyboard to match also but just depends on the price.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Need new mouse - suggestions wanted

Post by camaroguy1998 »

This is my daily driver. MK520 combo
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... -_-Product
I have pretty big hands and yes my hand does cover the mouse but it's comfortable for me!
My only complaint would be the mouse is a little on the light side.
I've had 4 or 5 different combo's over the years and this is my favorite!
3 computers in the house and 2 have this setup!
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

camaroguy1998 wrote:This is my daily driver. MK520 combo
I have pretty big hands and yes my hand does cover the mouse but it's comfortable for me!
Cheap too! I hate the separate 2.4ghz fob though. I lose the internet if we run our microwave (yea, buy a new one it was I say too but the wife says "there is nothing wrong with it")

Might give it a shot....have to think about that 2.4ghz fob a bit though.....

Thanx! Any others with personal experience with a certain brand/model? I know I used to love my microsoft bluetooth keyboard and mouse but they all died :axe:
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

KnightRid wrote:
camaroguy1998 wrote:This is my daily driver. MK520 combo
Cheap too! I hate the separate 2.4ghz fob though. I lose the internet if we run our microwave (yea, buy a new one it was I say too but the wife says "there is nothing wrong with it")

Might give it a shot....have to think about that 2.4ghz fob a bit though.....

Thanx! Any others with personal experience with a certain brand/model? I know I used to love my microsoft bluetooth keyboard and mouse but they all died :axe:
I'm not sure I get the issue with the Nano USB dongle(fob)?
I get that it uses up a USB port and that it is Wireless and some people dont care for any wireless lag(at all!)
But if you're not gaming its really pretty responsive!
Another tidbit of info, I have 2 systems in the same area(less than 6' apart) and I have 0 issues with interference!

Just my $.02 :)

Corsair 4000D Airflow
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

I have a Panasonic Inverter microwave and it interferes with 2.4ghz signals, that is the problem. It cuts off my wireless interent if I use it and everything. Tried different channels on the router and nothing fixes it.

So I don't have a problem with the fob or the wireless, just the signal interference I get from my microwave would make it unusable if we are nuking anything :)
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

The best gaming mouse I've ever used and great for everything else! Get it and you will not be disappointed. I did extensive research before getting it and did compare it to many other good ones.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KU ... UTF8&psc=1
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

KnightRid wrote:I have a Panasonic Inverter microwave and it interferes with 2.4ghz signals, that is the problem. It cuts off my wireless internet if I use it and everything. Tried different channels on the router and nothing fixes it.

So I don't have a problem with the fob or the wireless, just the signal interference I get from my microwave would make it unusable if we are nuking anything :)
Well damn that sucks! Now I get your problem!
Like you said time for a new Microwave!
Sounds like your financial manager is as tight as mine! :lol:

Corsair 4000D Airflow
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

sbohdan wrote:The best gaming mouse I've ever used and great for everything else! Get it and you will not be disappointed. I did extensive research before getting it and did compare it to many other good ones.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KU ... UTF8&psc=1
I was actually looking at the g402 and g502 on best buy cause they were on sale for $20 and $30 respectively but now they are out of stock cause I waited.

Might snag that one and be done with it.
AkselVerg
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by AkselVerg »

My favorite game mouse was Cougar 200M, I won it at the student championship in the League of Legends when I lived in Ukraine. It has truly served me for 3 years. Then I could not find a suitable mouse for a long time, expensive ones, like Razer, were very uncomfortable in my hand. In fact, I still have not found anything like the one that I had. While I use uncomfortable Razer.
BestAdvisor - place my reviews are published.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

AkselVerg wrote:My favorite game mouse was Cougar 200M, I won it at the student championship in the League of Legends when I lived in Ukraine. It has truly served me for 3 years. Then I could not find a suitable mouse for a long time, expensive ones, like Razer, were very uncomfortable in my hand. In fact, I still have not found anything like the one that I had. While I use uncomfortable Razer.
https://www.amazon.com/Cougar-MOC200B-A ... B00ORGM63C
AkselVerg
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by AkselVerg »

KnightRid wrote:
AkselVerg wrote:My favorite game mouse was Cougar 200M, I won it at the student championship in the League of Legends when I lived in Ukraine. It has truly served me for 3 years. Then I could not find a suitable mouse for a long time, expensive ones, like Razer, were very uncomfortable in my hand. In fact, I still have not found anything like the one that I had. While I use uncomfortable Razer.
Thanks for the link. When buying from Amazon if the product comes not working/damaged, will I receive my money back? Never used online markets before.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

AkselVerg wrote:
KnightRid wrote:
Thanks for the link. When buying from Amazon if the product comes not working/damaged, will I receive my money back? Never used online markets before.
In the USA, you can, not sure about the rest of the world. This looks to be sold direct by Cougar and fulfilled by Amazon. Over to the right it says OTHER SELLERS and the first one is for a direct Amazon sale. Couple bucks more but if you would feel safer getting it directly from Amazon.....

cougargaming.com does not even list the 300M any more.
AkselVerg
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by AkselVerg »

KnightRid wrote:
AkselVerg wrote:
In the USA, you can, not sure about the rest of the world. This looks to be sold direct by Cougar and fulfilled by Amazon. Over to the right it says OTHER SELLERS and the first one is for a direct Amazon sale. Couple bucks more but if you would feel safer getting it directly from Amazon.....

cougargaming.com does not even list the 300M any more.
Great thanks to you, I checked mostly stores in Ukraine and several abroad and there were nothing. Have already made the order, hope everything would be fine with it.
Benly
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by Benly »

bump of a sort.. but if you haven't tried m65 pro then you should go for it!
royden
Legit User
Legit User

Post by royden »

I prefer the Logitech brand. They also have affordable mice.