New system

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
KnightRid

New system

Post by KnightRid »

Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3 MB
Ryzen 7 1700
16GB DDR4 3200MHz memory
EK-XLC Predator 240 water cooler

Everything fit in the CoolerMaster HAF-932 case - awesome case! since the Antec 1200 would not fit the watercooler.

I am still working on getting everything to work properly, mainly the motherboard LED setup is throwing a complete fit. It worked the first time I installed the controller program from Gigabyte (BTW the Gigiabyte App thing totally SUCKS! my lord what a mess) then all of a sudden it turned off and wouldn't come back on. Now it is on but only red. Can't even change it in BIOS. I did update the BIOS to the newest...maybe that was a mistake lol.

Still running the GTX660 - had a GTX560 that was dead from laying around too long. I am looking to get a 1050 or 1060 once pricing comes back into reality and maybe when Nvidia announces the 11 series as that may drop the 10's.

If I can't get the LED figured out today I will just post pictures as you just gotta have pictures!

Also I have the Corsair 850W power supply that is not modular in there now but might switch it with the Antec 850 I have in the 1200 case to reduce the amount of cables laying in the bottom. Looks like a rats nest in there.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New system

Post by Apoptosis »

Not good on the LED lighting.

I'm sure you already know all this, but just to double check.

The latest BIOS for the Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3 motherboard is F23d - https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard ... -dl-driver

Odd you can't change the LED lights in the BIOS. Never seen an issue on that front.

I searched around and it looks like most people with that board use just the BIOS for lighting control.
bios-led.png
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
camaroguy1998
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by camaroguy1998 »

I think you'll like the 1700, I built a setup recently for a friend with a 1700 on an ASUS B350F gaming board!
He loves it! He says that Asus' Aura works pretty good!
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product. ... 6813132988
with an ssd its pretty responsive, a little better than my 9520! Yeah ouch that hurt!

Happy to see you're working with New Hardware! :mrgreen:
ASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)
AMD 3400G - 32G GSkill RipJaw V - {Win10} Pro 64bit, Win11 Update
Corsair H100i RGB PRO XT 240mm AIO Cooler
Corsair RM750X PSU - Corsair Force MP600 M.2 2280 1TB SSD
ASUS 27" LED LCD monitor - Lepai 2x20W Amp - Dayton B652 Spkrs

Corsair 4000D Airflow
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Been messing with BIOS and still cant change colors. It is just so goofy since when I first got it running (before the bios update) it worked. I had it blinking to music (really not synced up very well) and everything. I dunno what happened. I might try and redo the bios and see what happens. I did it through the @Bios utility so maybe I will try it through bios direct.

When I had the Gigabyte apps installed my screen would never go off any more and restarting never worked, it just hung up. Really seems to be some buggy stuff going on with that app center program and you have to install it in order to use the others.

It is running and I am using it right now to type this so I am happy! Lights are just extra stuff and after uninstalling all the gigabyte software the screen goes off and restarts work again!

So happy to have something new to play with!!!! Even the little problems are so much fun to work around and solve!
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Back to the problems again. LED is off since the computer hangs on every restart. I have to throw the toggle on the PSU in order to get it off too as the power button wont do it...?? It will also take a minute or more to actually come on after I hit the power button. On the MB it glows red on the CPU for a while and then after about a minute or so it just recycles the lights and reboots into windows. I just dont get why it wont shut down. Shut down nor restart lets it go down. The water cooler light is on and running and just never shuts down. Then when I try to use the button to restart or start it does nothing and I have to throw the toggle on the PSU. Confusing the hell out of me. Gonna check all my connections on the MB today too.

I am really going to have to see if I can go back on the BIOS and see if that fixes the problem as that was the only thing I changed by updating it.

Will keep playing in between rounds of taking my meds and keep everyone updated!!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Have you tried removing your storage drives/optical drives and clearing the CMOS?

The lighting control should work without the OS drive on there. If that doesn't work then I'd recover the UEFI with Q-Flash.

If you need to force the board to use the backup BIOS you can always manually do that - http://www.overclockers.com/forums/show ... +dual+bios
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Apoptosis wrote:Have you tried removing your storage drives/optical drives and clearing the CMOS?
Funny story...lol...I am looking through all my stuff for a clear cmos jumper as it didnt come with one. I hate to just use a screwdriver or something to short the connection! I probably looked so stupid with a quizzical look on my face going over the motherboard with my old man reading glasses on trying to figure out where they hid the jumper :lol: i wish we had security cameras cause it would be good for a laugh.

Will try with nothing connected today! I never even thought about that. DUH.
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Couple pics while the led is glowing

Nice rats nest of cables. Will swap the psu tomorrow. I think of the problem may be a dead cmos battery so the wife is bringing me one home when she gets off work.ImageImage

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
DJ Tucker
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DJ Tucker »

Man I do love my haf 932. You got a nice setup and a 1060 will do that cpu justice. Your not the only one with aura issues. I built a rig for a friend recently and my god is the app useless. It pretty much does it for you minus you setting the colour. I couldn't get it to work even with the bios. So I simply uninstalled, got rid of all files/folders linking aura and tried again and thankfully it worked but still bios says nope.

Edit: love the 3tb HDD's :prayer:
MSI Z590 Gaming Edge Wifi
Core i7 10700KF 5Ghz @ 1.25v With Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Gigabyte RTX 2080 Super 1980Mhz @ 0.925v With TechN GPU Block
32Gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600Mhz 16-18-18-38
Aqua Computer Ultitube 200 Pro D5 Next
Corsair XR5 240mm x2 & 360mm
Intel 670p 2Tb & WD Blue M.2 2Tb
Corsair HX1000i
Philips Momentum 3000 24" (Main) & MSI Optix G241V E2 (Second)
Lian Li O11D
Roccat Vulcan 120 Aimo, Roccat Kone Aimo Remastered and Roccat Sym Pro Air
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Redoing the entire thing right now. Took everything out and rebuilding after clearing cmos. Putting the modular psu in also.

You would love the 5 8tb I have in the nas :)

KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Bit better cable management with the modular psu! Image

KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Got it working.....mostly lol Reset CMOS, changed the battery and did the above picture with different PSU and redid all connections.

Installed the gigabyte software and my screen will not go to sleep so it looks like I will uninstall individual apps (only installed about 5 of them) and see if it is just one of them or the whole suite that is doing it.

Other than that it seems to be stable with the lights able to be switched, although the app in windows has way more options than bios :-k

Gonna run some benchmarks once I get the monitor thing working and maybe try a bit of overclocking! Seems this puppy is good at getting to around 4ghz per core - http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-ryzen-7 ... sor_192191 - sucks some power down but still fun to try and get there.

Thanx Nate

Truly, thank you

Mike
DJ Tucker
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DJ Tucker »

glad you got it up and running finally. as for the app in windows having more options than the bios, is beyond me seeing as the bios/motherboard is what is controlling/power the aura. oh well have fun ;)
Corsair HX1000i
Lian Li O11D
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

DJ Tucker wrote:glad you got it up and running finally. as for the app in windows having more options than the bios, is beyond me seeing as the bios/motherboard is what is controlling/power the aura. oh well have fun ;)
RIGHT! It is so weird that Bios is more limited.

Afraid to overclock just cause it is working good right now. I might wait a bit ;)
DJ Tucker
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DJ Tucker »

give the system time to run and try many different software and games to see if they run without issue then overclock :)
Corsair HX1000i
Lian Li O11D
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

KnightRid wrote:
DJ Tucker wrote:glad you got it up and running finally. as for the app in windows having more options than the bios, is beyond me seeing as the bios/motherboard is what is controlling/power the aura. oh well have fun ;)

Afraid to overclock just cause it is working good right now. I might wait a bit ;)
In the meantime you could totaly redo the cable management.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

sbohdan wrote:
KnightRid wrote:

In the meantime you could totaly redo the cable management.
You don't like it in the last picture I posted? I could do some shrink tube around the case wires but not a whole lot more.
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by sbohdan »

Hm, the second pic is a clear improvement but I would just hide them more and tubeshrink the rest (not each one separetely but rather combining the ones that go in one direction) in one color, to make it nicer. As for airflow this already does the job.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Looking good and can't wait to see some benchmarks at 4Ghz or whatever you get it up to.
Follow Me on Twitter!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

Apoptosis wrote:Looking good and can't wait to see some benchmarks at 4Ghz or whatever you get it up to.
Do you still suggest doing the OC through BIOS or is it as good now a days to use a windows program to do it? Been a while since I oc'd as I did for a while on the 3770k but then just left it stock for everyday use. Seems the windows programs make it simpler but BIOS would probably be the best way I am guessing.