Off To The Intel Developer Forum (IDF)

This is the place to discuss the latest computer hardware issues and technology. Please keep the discussion ON TOPIC!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Off To The Intel Developer Forum (IDF)

Post by Apoptosis »

Well guys I'm going to be gone for the next 7 days for the Intel Developer Forum in San Francisco. While I am out there I will be attending all the conferences they are hosting as well as having private meetings with the key Intel big dogs.

Among those I have private meetings with are:

Vice President of the Desktop Platform Group
Vice President of the Mobile Platform Group
The Thermal Engineering Team
Public Relations Manager for North America

and many other people....

While I have these people in front of me I can ask them any question I want. On the record for stuff I can post in articles and off the record for my knowledge (and yours once I re-word it). I will be seeing the new Dual Core Intel CPU's and many other unseen chipsets/processors over the next week.

Please let me know if you have any questions as I can ask Intel about them and get answers in person. Anything from Mobile Centrino questions to Dual Core processor details... let me know so I can get the answers!
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

<evil laughter> and this means that i have been left incharge ahhhh ha ha ha ha ha...</evil laughter>
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
A10Pilot3
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by A10Pilot3 »

infinitevalence wrote:<evil laughter> and this means that i have been left incharge ahhhh ha ha ha ha ha...</evil laughter>
dear god save us all :twisted:

Um Nate, idk maybe you guys already know this, but I would like to know:

"How is Intel going to cool dual core processors when they can barely cool the Prescotts?"
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The dual core CPU's are going to be based off the Pentium-M and not the Prescott... no major cooling issues ;)

Well, I have arrived... Kinda...

My luggage was lost by American Airlines...
Then when I finally get to my hotel they give me a room with a broken A/C...

Now I'm stuck in a smoking room without anything but my notebook, camera & cell phone. Good thing my cell phone charger was in my checked bag...

I'm off to buy clothes to wear to the International Press dinner...
A10Pilot3
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by A10Pilot3 »

That just sucks... :roll:

Thanks for the information.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Why in the world would you need A/C in san Francisco? It can't be more than 65 F??!!!!
As to lost luggage, you don't need clean clothes! Hippies always smell bad and wear dirty clothes, you'll fit right in after 3-4 days...just go get some Petuli oil and bath in it.
But seriously, that sucks man, you have had a rough couple of weeks. I'll feel sorry for you until you get home and get to go to the Rams home opener.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Some day my friend i will have to take you to where real hippies live. I grew up in southern vermont and belive me SanFran got nothing on us. The hippies in SF are not real hippies they are wealthy people with alternitive livestyles. the real ones live in the hills of Vermont and Montana in communes and listen to folk music.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Damn... hope you get your luggage back! Hopefully what you see, learn, and who you see will make this ordeal worth it ten-fold! :)
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Infinite, i would argue that California hippies aren't the real hippies. Have you ever been to Ca's north coast. We have people that live in trees for years to prevent logging. SF is the liberal heart of this country.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Got my luggage and all is good to go!

IDF is a go!

I'm in the press room working on an article for you guys!