In-Win BK623 Mt. Jade Tiny Tower Case Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The In-Win Mt Jade/BK623 Tiny tower case is a mATX slim form factor chassis that is just half the size of many desktop mATX PCs. This case is designed to work with micro ATX-sized motherboard and full height audio and video cards. The chassis uses Partition Plate cooling technology, which separates the CPU fan from the heatsink to reduce back draft. With this design no case fan is needed which means better acoustic performance. Read on to see if this case is what you need!

Article Title: In Win BK623 Mt. Jade Tiny Tower Case Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/549/1/
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: In-Win BK623 Mt. Jade Tiny Tower Case Review

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

Excellent review. It really is interesting to see the different types of cases coming out. I did like the perfect fit for the stock intel cooler, that was very very interesting.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Glad you liked it :) this case was rather interesting to work with. I've got it set up now as a NAS box. Works like a champ, I'm interested to see how the PSU will hold up to couple months of 24/7 running.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Darkstar »

Bubba wrote I've got it set up now as a NAS box
cool, Freenas? hows the performance as a NAS box? i was thinking of doing one yesterday.
:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

bubba wrote:Glad you liked it :) this case was rather interesting to work with. I've got it set up now as a NAS box. Works like a champ, I'm interested to see how the PSU will hold up to couple months of 24/7 running.
Since it's FSP Group I wouldn't worry much, should be good for the price of the case. I mean think about the power supply for a bit...

The power supply is the FSP Group (Fortron Source) FSP300-60GLS this power supply alone is $41.99 at Newegg... The whole case is just $56 from Newegg... So you're getting a $41.99 PSU and a $14 case in a sense.

In WIn is going to be moving from the more expensive FSP Group power supply to their own design later this year, so if you are wanting a good budget case this is it.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I'd get this case for my HTPC but it's mATX. I need too many slots to use a mATX board.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Darkstar wrote:
Bubba wrote I've got it set up now as a NAS box
cool, Freenas? hows the performance as a NAS box? i was thinking of doing one yesterday.
:drinkers:
Going to try FreeNAS first, I have used in the past but never really got in depth with it. As a wide open storage box it works great, but the way the security is handled in FreeNAS not sure if I'm going to like it for the long haul for locking down certain areas.

If I dump FreeNAS then I was looking at OpenSUSE.
Apoptosis wrote:Since it's FSP Group I wouldn't worry much
Cool, never had a PSU made by them so I had no clue how good they were.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DMB2000uk »

Nice review, just checked out the dimensions with my handy tape measure and it really is little.

Interesting concept with the duct. Do you find that the CPU exhaust tends to make the rest of the components hotter, or is it forced out of the case pretty quick?

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Yeah when they called it a tiny tower they meant it. My 17" laptop has a bigger foot print.

As for heat issues. At the moment all I have in the case is an old 1.3 TBird and a couple 80gb hard drives. No real heat issues as of yet, an surprisingly enough the case is very quite. Even with the CPU fan only the thickness of a CD ROM away from the case vent.

Now as how the heat will build up with the added flow restriction of a couple tuner cards and a video card? couldn't say.
-Thomas Jefferson