The Cooler Master Centurion 5 Case Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Cooler Master Centurion 5 Case Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Cooler Master did a wonderful job with their tool-less design, both locking systems did a great job securing their individual components without issue and made installation a breeze. Cooler Master also made a very nice improvement to the front cover system. Their new design, with the individual covers secured by screws instead of plastic clips also ensures that your new case will keep its clean, undamaged look for as long as you own it.

Although Cooler Master did not use a removable motherboard tray, installation of interior components was a breeze due to a very nice and very clean layout. The Cooler Master Centurion 5 is a great looking case. The clear side panel is a nice touch, and adding a cold cathode light would highlight the Centurion logo quite nicely.
The full article can be found here!!
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I've got one of these things. They are pretty nice and cool well do the the open front, in a 23c room the case temp stays at 24-25c using stock fans. A system build in the review would have shown the quality of the airflow in the case. Not alot of room for water cooling though, and with the front bay supports up on the top pannel, it makes it almost impossible to to install a rad in the top unless you cut out the supports and weaken the bays..................... :shock: But all in all a nice case, best of all it was free....................... 8)
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

My whole point was that it was a nice case, well constructed, but they used very low CFM fans and included a poor PSU. the system I installed was the DFI 775 board, an enginbeering sample Prescott, and a 9600 XT. The first problem was the fact that Intel recommends at least a 400W PSU for the LGA 775.. Jason and I didn't get much into the heat aspect of the fans, but the system was 5-7C hotter with the side panel on, and the fans were barely moving any air.
when i do reviews, unless it specifically calls for water cooling, i like to use air, mainly because it is the minimum that people can expect.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I also would have included pictures of the completed system, but someone at the Hyatt regency in Dallas decided they needed my digital camera more than me.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

Sorry to hear that someone got your digi cam, that really sucks.
I really don't get that much of a big differance in temps with the side on or off. It stays pretty much right around the 25c mark as long as the room doesn't get to warm. There for a while I was running this system with a Thermalright SLK 800A while doing a water cooling comparision and the case temp still stayed the same. But then again I rather like the quiet fans as long as the case stays cool. As for the PSU, it's in a pile with the other stuff that I don't use till I need to build a system for someone else or make a repair. It will never see the inside of one of my systems, I won't use anything less than 450 watts these days.