ABIT RX600 Pro-GURU

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

ABIT RX600 Pro-GURU

Post by Apoptosis »

Rich takes the ABIT RX600 Pro-Guru for a test drive today.
If you’ve been reading our “Reviews from around the Web” over the past few weeks, you’ve probably noticed more than a few reviews of X600 video cards. One reason may be the lack of high end ATI based cards for PCI-Express, another may be the decent performance the budget cards are showing, and still another reason may be that people are waiting to see how ATI answers NVidia’s SLI (Scaleable Link Interface) technology. Whatever the reason, the X-600 cards seem to be the current flavor of choice of those running PCI-Express systems. Today I’ll be showing you one of ABIT's newer products, the RX-600 Pro-GURU video card that features vGURU for PCI-E systems.
ABIT RX600 Pro-GURU

Let us know what you think!
~//\nthRaxx
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

RX600 PRO-GURU

Post by ~//\nthRaxx »

I have an ABIT IG-80, P4 3.2G w/HT, power supply Brand Name:LOGISYS Model Number: PS480B / PS480C Max power output 480 watts, color monitor (DELL E772c), DELL DDR memory (2) sticks one is 512M other 256M, and the RX600 PRO-GURU. I install the video card and plug in monitor I get black screen w/ amber(instead of green) monitor led; the computer does not boot. I've looked all over to no joy for reasoning. Please advise. The monitor and computer boot-up when connected to onboard/integrated video, but, not card. ???

-rx600 and internal components do power up/illuminates, but does not boot and engage monitor.
-system states there is exactly 777,708M of memory
-running WIN2K Pro (less junk than XP)
Is it the video card malfunctioning or driver conflict? Attempted to uninstall 915chipset integrated video drivers and clearing CMOS. Problem is that Ineed the video card installed (physically) to install drivers. When I attempt to do so I run into above stated problem.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I had to return this card three times.....one reason I bombed it on its review, not to mention it was overpriced as compared to every other X600 on the market.
I would check the jumper on the video card, on the edge of the card, there is a jumper, one sets the card to O/C and one to default....when the card is powered on the LEDS are red when overclocked, and blue when set to default.
What you are describing happened to me all three times the card died.
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

Sounds and looks like a piece to me, lol. Why must this company keep on making inferior products? I can't remember, but I thought they were going bankrupt or something....thought I saw something about it I was looking for news articles one day. Sounds like something someone working at Fry's or Best Buy would recommend :finga: