Intel 6XX Series Launched

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Intel 6XX Series Launched

Post by Apoptosis »

Today we bring you the Intel P4 660 and the P4 3.73GHz EE processors based on the new 2MB Cache Prescott core!
With all that said the Intel P4 6XX series of processors are by far the best Prescott cored processors that we have seen from Intel thus far. I am glad to see that things are coming together for Intel because pretty soon dual core processors are coming out and all the features that just got added will be needed in all of the dual core CPU's. Intel can't have another launch like they did with the original Prescotts and if things keep on track we expect the battle between Intel and AMD to be a "rematch" on the desktop side of things.
Article Link
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

WOW!... 90nm really killed the 3.73 EE... Who will pay that much for the new EE when the 660 has the same amount of cache? The extra cache was always the trademark of the EE, and that is no longer the case. The 800 to 1066 MHz on the FSB is just not noticable in this comparison.

With all that said, the extra cache on the 6xx's is all great news for the consumers! Its just that if I were Intel, I think I would cancel the EE line at this point.
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook