prices

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

prices

Post by -mogwai »

although i thuroughly enjoy your reviews, i noticed that i didn't exactly see much in the way of pricing of items reviewed. i was wondering if you guys were planning on incorporating cost efficiency into more of your reviews.

note: not exactly a criticism or a suggestion... just a question.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

In terms of price versus value or actual current cost of the item?
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

well, mainly price vs value, since you've got a link showing the current item costs in the header. i noticed in a few of the reviews you had it, but not in others. i know, personally, that whenever i check benchmarks and research products, i'm looking to find something that makes me aware of the price and actual value of the product in the conclusions or final words and whatnot.

p.s., your legit bottom line is very awesome. it's concise and to the point. it isn't a page long essay people have to sift through to find the important stuff.
infinitevalence
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by infinitevalence »

Its really hard to give any sort of metric represnting value vs. performance. Its honestly very subjective thats part of why i dont talk about it too much. Some times i get a product that i really dont think is worth the money and i try to cover that in my reviews. In the end its really up to you to decide the value, some times there is something we dont like and we say so but that does mean you dont like it or that it has no value to you.
"Don't open that! It's an alien planet! Is there air? You don't know!"
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

I think something worth pointing out is that the entire staff has their own opinions on what they review and how they write it up.. I speak for myself and don't like anyone changing what I write as it is my point of view. I always try to touch on the price, and I am incorporating more articles directed at that exact topic... like comparing an AMD and Intel processors that cost the same. I am hoping that by doing that, people will look at it this way " For $XXX I can by this setup or this setup, which is better for what I want to do."
Last edited by LVCapo on Mon May 02, 2005 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

cool deal. i see what you guys are saying.