Badaboom Media Converter v1.1.1

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Just yesterday Elemental Technologies released a second update to Badaboom Media Converter with release v1.1.1. This version fixes 12 bugs and also new features like FRAPS support for gamers that record demos and a new 960x540 resolution for Apple TV users. We take a look at the new version compared to v1.0 and see how the updates have helped the utility.

Legit Reviews asked Elemental Technologies to think about including FRAPS support in December as I thought that gamers and enthusiasts would see a value in being able to easily record and format movies for social networking sites like YouTube. It is a great feeling to see your ideas come to life, so let's take a look at the latest version of Badaboom Media Converter! Badaboom Media Converter v1.0 received good reviews, but it was criticized for having inaccurate video/audio bitrate sliders and a poorly estimated file sizes. Elemental Technologies has spent a ton of time fine-tuning the video and audio bitrate sliders and the algorithm for the estimated output file size and both are now more accurate.
Article Title: Badaboom Media Converter v1.1.1
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/895/1/
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Badaboom Media Converter v1.1.1

Post by gwolfman »

Please update us once you hear back about the GPU/FRAPS issue. This software is starting to look more tempting to buy as each version is released. Any news on full Blu-Ray support? I know for 100% that if this transcoded Blu-Ray movies without issues I'd buy it the same day I read a review that confirmed such support!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

what GPU/FRAPS issue needs to be looked into?
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

Oh, just how you mentioned that it seems to be using the CPU only.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

gwolfman wrote:Oh, just how you mentioned that it seems to be using the CPU only.
oh check the article again... I included their reason as to why it was done this way.
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

Apoptosis wrote:
gwolfman wrote:Oh, just how you mentioned that it seems to be using the CPU only.
oh check the article again... I included their reason as to why it was done this way.
Got it, thanks for the updates.