Motorola HS-850 Bluetooth Headset

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Motorola HS-850 Bluetooth Headset

Post by Apoptosis »

The Motorola HS-810 bluetooth was a very popular headset with a slick design and good performance. The HS-850 represents a natural evolution of the HS-810 by offering bluetooth 1.2 and even longer batter life. Today we take the Motorola HS-850 for a test drive with the Motorola RAZR V3 and Treo 650 phones.

This is easily the best Bluetooth enabled headset that Motorola has in its arsenal. It has the perfect combination of long battery life, light on the ear, very good sound and speaker quality. The speaker could be a tad bit louder, and the ear clip, while secure, could be a bit more snug. If you don’t have Motorola phone, make sure you try it before you buy.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=208
ronin4740
Legit User
Legit User

Bluetooth and the Treo650

Post by ronin4740 »

While finding a good BT headset for a mobile phone can be hit or miss no other BT enabled phone that I've owned is as picky as the Treo. Bottom line with the Treo is if you want BT to work right you pretty much have to purchase a headset which is on their approved/compatible list.

All of it's little quirks not withstanding I still love the Treo 650 I carry. It does what I need it to do, runs the software I need it to run, has the features that I want in a phone and has a functional form factor and size :)

...anyone wanna buy a Sony Ericsson P900? ;)

Ronin
Digital Puppy

Re: Bluetooth and the Treo650

Post by Digital Puppy »

ronin4740 wrote:While finding a good BT headset for a mobile phone can be hit or miss no other BT enabled phone that I've owned is as picky as the Treo. Bottom line with the Treo is if you want BT to work right you pretty much have to purchase a headset which is on their approved/compatible list.
Agreed. To a point. I think there are some BT headsets out there that work very well with Treo's limited capabilities. I hope to get my hands on a Sony Ericsson HBH-660 or a Cardo Scala-500 in the near future. I have heard that these pair up very well with the finicky Treo...hopefully, we can get a review on these models in the near future (hint, hint 8) )

'DP
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

My treo 650 hates my HS-810 headset... :(
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

Apoptosis wrote:My treo 650 hates my HS-810 headset... :(
LOL...Treos hate most BT enabled headsets!

(speaking of Treo Bluetooth...anyone run across the 'hack' to upgrade Treo's BT 1.1 to 1.2? I have heard rumors...)
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.